Need some expert opinions

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 668
ive been gone for about a week because my dsl modem got fu**ed up but while i was gone i got my 0/1 gauge wiring and hooked up my MTX Thunder 942 amp in my car. The problem is that while in bridged mode(i cant remember but i believe that when wired to a single channel the problem doesnt exist) i have to have my gain completely up in order to get output from my amp...if you turn it ever so slightly from the max then it will have almost no output althouhg their is no noticable distortion and the subwoofer still sounds good...i was just wondering if you guys have any opinions/comments on my situation

Silver Member

Post Number: 689
bump

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 672
"if you turn it ever so slightly from the max then it will have almost no output althouhg their is no noticable distortion and the subwoofer still sounds good"

how does the sub still sound good if there is almost no output from the amp?

regardless, it's a 2channel amp. if you bridge it, it's going to produce at least twice as much power than if you just ran one channel.

235 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
470 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
940 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

Silver Member

Post Number: 692
no i meant that when the gain is set all the way up the sub still sounds good...i was just wondering if people though that my amp is messed up and if it is what exactly is wrong with it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us