Question(s) about upgrading my system

Username: John8x12

Post Number: 1
If this is somehow posted somewhere else...I apologize...

Going to keep this basic...Right now I have 8 Infiniti Perfect 12"'s with two Solid Audio 1500 watt amps pushing them. They are in a sealed box. (sound quality if that's possible with 8 subs). Anyway, last test it hit 150.4 db's. It's in the back of an Expedition with the 3rd row seat removed.

I want to hit at least 156dbs. Within my class, 168.0 db's is the world record. I am thinking about switching to four Stroker 12"'s with four 2,500 watt Solid Audio amps pushing the subs. In a ported box. You guys (or gals) think this is a good idea, or anyone have a better idea? And how the heck could someone hit 168 db's without major alterations to their vehicle???

Anyway, thanks for any ideas.

Post Number: 2
Anybody.....Going once....

Post Number: 3
going twice...

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 95
get some digital designs 9900's with as many alternators that you can fit in your car. power them to full, burp them at max, and see what happens.

Post Number: 5
Digital Designs 9900's are awesome for competition. It will be going in my every day driving car though. Using those, wouldn't my sq be totally shot to ****? I mean for every day listening. I don't know. Maybe I should get enough to hit 156 db's and hang up my competing shoes..

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 850
Go with 8 12" RE XXX.

Post Number: 6
dd's over stroker? I mean just the name. Stroker. That turns me on without even hearing them.

Post Number: 8
I haven't heard of the RE XXX's. What can they handle and how much are they? XXX is almost as satisfying as stroker. Wait. I'm not going to touch that one...

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 98
dude..john....calm down. XXX's are the best mix for sq and spl. but i love RE, so what do i know. www.reaudio.com

Post Number: 9
I couldn't do RE's. I might as well stick will my Kappa series Infiniti's. The XXX's look comparable to the dd's and strokers. At this point, is there really that much difference in subs, or does it come down to the install and vehicle it's in?

Ah well, thanks a lot for the input.

Silver Member

Post Number: 950
Why cant you do RE's. I would say go with 12" IDQ's or IDMAX's for some of the best SQ you can get.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I'm just looking for spl. My goal is to hit 160 db's in a Ford Expedition. 156 db's would break the state record (Oklahomo). 169 db's would break the world record. Yeah, that isn't going to happen. But I just don't see hitting that with RE's. I'm sure the sq is great though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
But the only thing I know about RE's is what I read at www.reaudio.com. So what do I know?

Silver Member

Post Number: 972
RE MT's are one of the major SPL players man. You said you want SQ early on that is why the XXX and IDMAX was recommended.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 701
yea man get some RE MTs i hear they have crazy spl and supposedly dont sound too bad for competition speakers..if you want a cheaper alternative get you some RE SXs those are supposed to get louder than the XXX and still sound good enough for daily driving
haha oklahomo you kill me

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 308
RE MT Pwnes jooooooo.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 588
TI Pro pwnes

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
AScendant Avalanche Pwnes me :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 421
well if you can find them some shocker sigs or even the extremes would work for you, they have decent sq and crazy spl, and for the amount of power they take they would crush a re mt, and are compareable to the dd 9500.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
Incriminator Audio Leathal Injections. nuff said

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 130
do these shockers have a website? i cant find it on google..

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 592
Juggernaut. done.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 710
get about 8 audioburns just like X 2 the Z xzibit...come no he hosts west coasts customs he knows what hes doing lol
but on some real sh!t if you have alot of money those MTX Jackhammers have to hit hella hard

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 422
idk if they have a website, i can't find it either but i know they are loud, zac davis and hunter warren seem to know a lot about these subs. and yes some juggernauts would do nicely i hear they get very loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 996
I have not been able to find a shocker audio website ever.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Sorry I haven't posted since I went to sleep many hours ago. Nothing like sleeping a day away.

Anyway, if someone has a website to shocker...hook me up. Out of everything I've seen so far, I still like the stroker pros. Four of them should hit hard, plus the are field serviceable. If anyone hasn't seen them, they can be found at www.cerwinvega.com.

Where can I find specs on the RE MT's?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4699
www.reaudio.com for specs of RE MTs. If u need to find shocker audio, you need to talk to hunter warren, hasnt been here awhile though, if he makes a reappearence then you can ask. Also the RE mt will kill some strokers. also dont forget eclipse ti pro's they are also servicible in the field.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
reaudio.com doesn't list specs for the MT. Like what's the RMS? Also, no warranty? Long shot, but what if I get an effed up speaker? I say long shot because it won't happen, but that would be my luck. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
The reason why they do not list any specs for the MT is there is so many diffrent coil configurations they can't list them. Their is no universal number for MT.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Yeah, that's what I figured. Problem is that with how much $$$ I'll be spending on the upgrade, I want exacts.

Right now it is still four Stroker Pro's with a total of 10,000 watts going to them. I would like to find bigger amps, but not going to post that here because that would be "going off topic" haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
It all depends on how much your willing to put down on the whole setup. And i know your going strictly for spl but d@mn. You can buy some very good sql subs and hit pretty decent numbers. Like say you went with 4 RE XXX in a well designed enclosure youll hit very decent number as well as having great sq.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Here's my whole problem. I've spent close to $6,000 on my system so far. I'm going to scrap it all just to break the state db record. I'll probably be on Welfare checks after this next upgrade, so I want to ensure I have the best. The RE MT's look good, but I want specs. Plus a warranty...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
The best thing you can do right now is to call RE and tell them what your planning on doing, what coil config you want, and if they offer a warrenty. Ask them the specs of the coil config your looking at also. Or you can try Treo CSX. They are an all out spl woofer. www.treoonline.com they have specs listed for their woofers if im not mistaken.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I'll probably just flip a coin, build a box, and then use the speakers that best fit. If I'm hitting 150 db's right now with Perfect 12's, the MT (or XXX), Treo CSX (or SSX), or Stroker Pro's should hit 156 db's. And if not then I'll scrap everything I know and join the Girl Scouts so I can eat a brownie.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 426
i was lookin around and found that shocker audio is relocating to california, so i might be a while untill their new subs are out. heres some pics of shockers 4.http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3398/23807shocker_4_3.JPG

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3398/23807shocker_4_1.JPG

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3398/23807shocker_4_4.JPG

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Nice pics. I wonder what that weighs?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 427
and yes these shockers will get over 156 easy, i know cause my friend has 2 10inch sigs, in a ss box and a mtx 1501 amp to each and is hitting 156 in a mustang.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 35
That thing is beastly. What model of Shocker is it??

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 428
its called "Shocker IV" which is pretty much a shocker extreme with a bigger magnet.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9149
if you want a moderately affordable sub for SPL that's still musical, look at RE's SX line of subs.
best SPL sub they have next to the MT, and without the need for the massive power the MT needs.
also much more musical for daily use.

you could gain that extra 6dB just going to a new enclosure, too.. go ported instead of sealed

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 39
I wish someone could do an accrate Review on both the XXX and SX to tell us the exact difference and likness of the two subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
I'm going to have to go ported on my next box. Which sux because I listen to a lot of rock, and I like the crisper sounding bass. But I still should be fine.

But I figured if I built a ported box, I'd only add 2 to 3 db's. Not 6. Do you really think it would add 6 db's?

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 69
Justin can once he gets his xxx.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 690
I have 2 Sxs right now( found a second one but not in my nands yet ) but no amp to power them.. I will be pushing around 900 watts each at the most using some friends amps.. which is right under rms,

I may be getting a single xxx sub after I test these two though although It won't be a full test because the subs ( Sx's ) Are brand new still.

I'll give you an update :P.

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 97
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?p=162855#post162855

A sub comparison thread with actual data
It only has a few subs on it but it could settle some arguments
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help