Rca ouput on amp

Bronze Member
Username: Mlongpre

Post Number: 46
Im ready to connect my sub amp up, and i will be using the rca output of my 4 channel amp to connect to the rca input of my sub amp. Im jsut wondering what is the voltage coming out of the output on the rca's? Amp is an Alpine f240. I tired finding the info in the manual and online but couldnt find anything. Is there a voltage range that is usually set for rca outputs. I need it so i can know where to set the gains on my sub amp. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1391
Wait, so you're making a daisy chain? It should remain the same as the input voltage going into it.

I take it your headunit doesn't have a sub-out RCA? If it does, I highly suggest you use that instead.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
the reason im doing this is because right not im still using my stock HU...when i get more money next year i will likely upgrade it, but not at the moment. So with that said, im using the speaker level inputs on my 4 channel alpine f240 amp. So if the output voltage is the same as the input, then what is the voltage of the speaker level inputs after it converts it to line level? thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
bumpetty bump bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
BUMP...what does a normal headunit usually put out in volts? It's a 94 mitsubishi 3000 gt without stock amp.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3847
Start with 4v setting. If you hear lot of distortion then set the gain a little lower.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
thanks a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us