Bass Boost Adjusting: Amp or HU???

Bronze Member
Username: Cnc837

Norman, OK USA

Post Number: 39
Is it better to use the bass boost on your amp or your head unit? Is there any advantage to the HU's adjustments other than being able to use them from the drivers seat?

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 55
hey did you ever get your amp in? I know on that alpine amp, i have it boosted to 4. The only reason why I boost it is because the mids distort when i turn the bass up through the hu because I dont have a 4 channel amp yet. Try cranking the bass up through the hu unit first, if your mids start distorting when the hu isnt insanely cranked, try the bass boost.

Bronze Member

Norman, OK USA

Post Number: 40
Well my HU has a high pass filter crossover so I should be able to keep the mids from distorting that way. I still haven't got the amp yet, I've checked the tracking and its supposed to come tomorrow. I will not get to install it until saturday or sunday. I can email you when I get it installed if you want, what's your email?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
yeah you can always run all the bass through the sub, but if you do it like that, you will probably have to use bass boost on the amp, and your highs and mids are gonna get drowned out. I got one man, and even with kenwood components, on songs that hit real hard I have trouble keeping the bass from drowning out everything. When i adjust the bass through the hu it hits hard, but the mids distort, leaving me no choice but to use bass boost on the amp, and keep the bass to a minimum on the hu. oh yeah the e-mail is JerroneHornbeak@hotmail.com who did you order your amp through man, sounds like it is taking quite some time to get there.

Bronze Member

Norman, OK USA

Post Number: 41
I ordered it last wednesday from an ebay store called finest deals. I bought my subs from them so I trust them somewhat.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
sounds tight man, trust me you will not be dissapointed. I couldn't imagine having two in my car. oh yeah did you get the dual 2 ohm subwoofers?

Bronze Member

Norman, OK USA

Post Number: 42
Yeah, they're 2 DVC 2 ohm Kicker Comp Vr 10 in subs. I'm anxious to put them in and try them out. I'll let you know how they sound when I install them.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 731
Bass boost on the amp is a fickle thing. It's similar to the gain and should not be played with very much.

Stick to your HU bass adjustment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us