P imp My Ride

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow1290

Post Number: 66
i just watched p imp my ride
holy hell

usually the use sh***y a** sony audio crap

the put a 22" inch MTX Jackhammer Sub (first car in the world to have one -HAHA-) in a car
Powered buy 5 MTX amplifiers totalling 6000 WRMS of power [Holy Sh**]
http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/jackHammer.cfm

they even went so far as to put a decible meter in his car (so as not to bust his eardrums) with a warning light when he got above 100 db - which it reached very easily

One of the few P imp My Ride show with quality audio

(but they also gave him a pair of BOSE noise cancelation headphones -HYPOCRICITAL- lol haha)

Bronze Member
Username: Unpiled_acorn

Rockland, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 15
u acnt put a sub on more than ine amp, how did u power it with five?............

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 95
Wow first learn to spell you damn canadian.Then comment on something.Dude i seen the system on there like 20 minutes ago and i was like mutha trucka.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
yes learn before you speak
LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
if i had that sub in my car i would put a garage door entrance into the media room into my house so i could pull my car in and hook it up to my stereo so i could use it when i watch movies or listen to music

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 518
... I hope whoever has that sub knows at least something about car audio.. or I pray they learn quick before they ruin that beautiful thing..

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 51
don't bash a guy because of where he lives, keep it to his typos, then we won't bash you for your poor grammar " I seen"

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 100
i wonder how slow that thing hits

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 519
i'd say it hits pretty quick.. for that much rms.. regardless of size.

Bronze Member

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 72
I'd say for that much RMS id be deaf in a weak
it would be intresting to see how long that guy has eardrums

FYI: i used to be "Josh Miller" but edited my profile

Username: Duce

Post Number: 1
"u acnt put a sub on more than ine amp, how did u power it with five?............"

English:
You can't put a sub on more than one amp, how did you power it with five?

We just know what we're doing down here playboyy.
I guess he thinks he's the foremost authority on all American sound system schematics.

320 pounds, mofo they'd break their backs trying to steal that. I'll pay homage the first time I hear one of these. What do think it will go for $1,300+ ?

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 32
Dumbest website ever (It does not tell u anything)

http://www.thetrue22.com

jungala
Unregistered guest
if i'm not mistaken it retails for a small price
of 6 grand

Bronze Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 33
6,000 watts RMS/12,000 watts peak music power

Carbon fiber and glass fiber dust cap with aluminum honeycomb sandwich

FEA designed progressive roll spider with 10 AWG integrated tinsel leads woven in to allow for 2.5" of linear cone movement one way

6.5" voice coil with 19 guage, flat wound, high-temp aluminum wire designed for long excursion

Expanded polypropylene cone with mica filler for reduced mass and increased stiffnes

900 ounce strontium ferrite magnet with extended magnetic field gap technology and aluminum shorting ring

Aluminum heatsink to maintain the optimum voice-coil temperature

2.5" of x-max for serious excursion

Weight: 369 lbs.

Post Number: 3
6 g's .....so it's for the NBA ,NFL crowd.

Bronze Member

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 73
if they did "TRY"to steal it they peobably wouldn't even know WTF it was

Picture thevies tryin to steal a 22 inch 230 pound sub in my mind HAHAHAHA

Bronze Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 35
Pretty much anyone who can afford an SUV, gas, rims, mansion, and one big a$s sub

Bronze Member

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 74
if they did "TRY"to steal it they probably wouldn't even know WTF it was

Picture thevies tryin to steal a 22 inch 230 pound sub in my mind HAHAHAHA

SRY (Spelling)

Post Number: 4
Yeah, they'd hook it up to a Baja 120W.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8975
lil slugger.. heh the bastardized engrish version of paranoia agent? did ya know in Japanese his name was actually Shounen Bat? I guess "bat boy" didn't sound as sinister in English though.

numerous ways to connect multiple amplifiers to a single SPL sub. strapped amplifiers, quad-coil sub, etc. The episode before this last one, they used another decent audio company as well.. I think it was all Orion or something, I forget.
Since all of their gear is sponsored, I'd guess that as the show gains popularity, better companies are going to jump onto the bandwagon to sponsor bettr gear to bring in customers.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3812
Just imagine trying to design a box for it. It might need some steel frame to hold it up.

Post Number: 5
Free air susp in a 86' Honda accord trunk, with a few pounds of polyfil.

Paranoia agent, that's my show right now. Hard to follow, but man it's so messed up it doesn't matter. I've been trying to find the opening theme track online with no luck.

Nice site BTW.

DUB
Unregistered guest
This thing is d@mn awesome!
http://www.lightav.com/ces/mtxjack1.jpg

http://www.diald.com/CoolMiscStuff/CES_Prod/CESProduct02.jpg

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8994
look around on-line and you can find paranoia agent on DVD.. buy it subtitled and it'll make a lot more sense. Some shows just don't translate well to English, when they worry more about lipsyncing than they do about accurate translations.. that's one reason I hate ADR and I stick to raw or subtitled anime. You may enjoy it a lot more subbed.. if ya don't mind reading text while watching it.

you could support that 230lbs sub in 1.5" reinforced MDF without needing metal for it.
Heck, the RE XXX 12" are 60lbs each.. so that sub is no worse than a pair of say, RE MT 18" subs would be..

I don't think I'd go with a single 22" when I could use multiple smaller subs for the same airspace though to get the same result. Sometimes bigger isn't better.. Audiobahn proved that with their attempt at a 36" sub.

Bronze Member

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 77
36" sub i don't think you, well maybe you could but cummon could you really mount 2 of thoes massive pieces of equipment in an suv, if so forget about UhUm... "extra Trunk space" -HEHE-

Just buy a trailer hitch and hall that mother behind you - i/m sure you'll get the same effect (besides making the trailer jump off the ground at 70+ down the freeway

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9007
with that sub you'd only need one, really..

honestly with an 18" most people only need one if they want overwhelming bass.

I remember the first time I saw a single 18" in a car and got to hear it back about 1990 or 91 in a Shirroco (sp?) VW firing straight up, driven with a Punch45, and another Punch45 to handle the 22 other speakers throughout the hatchback car.. It was jaw dropping back then and that one sub took the whole hatch area in it's box.. false floor came up to the trunk lip, with the amps mounted into the surface.. looked slick.
Ah back in the day.

anyway, I think a lot of people go overboard when they plan out systems, wanting to use a lot more power and speakers than they need to get what they really want.

I'm a firm believer in the "keep it simple, stupid" school of thought for audio systems. The more simple and elegant the system, the better the end result usually is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3813
Funny, that's the same advice/train of thought used in programming, "K.I.S.S".

Bronze Member

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 82
Hey Glass, Issac,
I was planning on putting 2 Subs in the trunk of my Car (2000 Toyota Camry LE V6)
The brand/Model is -Infinit Perfect Kappa, DVC subs-
I have always been told that for a car you need 12" subs to really feel the bass
I don't plan on having a trunk rattling contest (I Like SQ more than SPL) coming from a guy with experience would 2 10" subs be able to feel the bass or would i be better off with 2 12" subs

I listen to mostly Rock - Hard rock and do not plan on running around night and day thumpin my brains out -but still have the bass and feel needed to "show off" and thoes select times when you need to feel the beat

Gold Member

Post Number: 3817
2 10" subs should be adequate, but if you have the trunk space, 12" would be better for both SQ and SPL.

Bronze Member

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 84
the trunk space in my car is very big alomost (just a little bit less) than the 05 avlon trunk

if you have ever seen the trunck of the cars they are the biggest trunks - they would give some small SUV's competition for trunk size

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9018
use the right tens and you'd have trouble telling them from twelves.
RE XXX or JL 10W7 for example.
high excursion, very tight, great SQ, take substantial power, all around great SQL subs.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 904
new w6's aint to shabby either
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us