ED Eu-700 or CDT EF8

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 59
Which would make a better box midbass driver.
They are both priced about the same.
I want to get the loudest possible midbass response possible
And if anyone has a detailed spec sheet for the 700 Id like to see it

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 65
bump

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 846
From what i have read about the 700, it is more of a mini-sub then anything else. I wouldnt really recommend it as just a midbass because the SQ on it shouldnt be too great.

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 70
okay thanks. I heard of one guy using it as a midbass but it was as infinite baffle not a box like i intend to do.
Do you have any other reccomendations

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 516
kicker makes an 8" midbass...if kicker is good at one thing...its bass and you'd get a pair for $150...cheaper than both models that you've looked at...might be worth taking a look at

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
and 8" is not intended to be a midbass speaker. If i were you i wouldnt get anythign larger then a 6.5"

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
i don't agree with that statement...have you ever seen DJ equipment...some use 18" speakers to hit up to 1khz...and do it well, it doesn't go really really low as if it were a subwoofer, but plays clear hitting midrange frequencies...depends on the engineering...

you want a midbass to hit between 60 hz and 250 hz...an 8" speaker can without a doubt do that especially since its not being used full range and only for a range of 200 hz...8" midbass are a great way to bring some bass to the front stage rather than all rear fill from the trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 462
Get a xxx midbass. It will solve all of your problems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 855
Actually, i would have to say that an Adire Audio Extremis would be the best choice.

DJ equipment is a hell of a lot different then car audio. As far as an 18" speaker hitting that high of a frequency well, i wanna hear from glasswolf on that one cuz i DONT BELEIVE it.

Looking at some higher end component sets such as the DLS Iridiums with either and 8 or 6.5 midbass, the 6.5" comp set had better results and better SQ, and the Iridiums are one of the best sets you can get.

Most 8" subs are not intended to be used as a midbass, they are essentially just mini subs. They way they are setup will make a huge difference though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 857
Besides, you get better SQ when your speakers are dedicated to play in a certain freqency range, that is why highpass and lowpass filters are designed for. Would you realy want a 12" sub to try and play higher frequencies??? It is just not a good idea. Even worse would be to set a set of comps to play only the lows.

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 71
Id rather not go with kicker midbasses I looked at them before and I dont consider their freq. to be high enough.

I emailed a guy at CDT and he told me that those would be perfect as mibasses. Actually their freq range is much higher than that of the kickers and the response curves they showed me are more of what I needed.

I looked up the iridiums and so far I only found the 8 in comp set. The price nearly made me fall over.....

I think I will go with the cdt its only $120 shipped well unless someone has something better near or at that price besides I know 8s are what I want Ive had one before as midbass\midrange driver in a car where all speakers were in the lower regions of the doors.

Thanks for the suggestions

Silver Member

Post Number: 971
no one ever recommended a kicker midbass to you, "what you talking bout willis"??

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 05:49 pm:
"kicker makes an 8" midbass...if kicker is good at one thing...its bass and you'd get a pair for $150...cheaper than both models that you've looked at...might be worth taking a look at"

Ryan did

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 312
I have heard a lot of good things about the RE XXX midbass 6.5 they have massive magnet motors structures people think their subs. Have great sq and response.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1010
I would still have to say that the Extremis is the better of the 2. The extremis would prob give good bass and ahve even better SQ then the XXX.

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 79
It took me awhile but I finally found the extremis. Adire needs to get their website up and running...

I also found the koda 6

both I believe are what I am looking far as the data is concerned. Are they sold in pairs or just one

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/speakers/car_audio/adire_koda _6_midbass.shtml#
visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire
http://www.acoustic-_extremis/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1105
I would say that the Extrmeis is a better bass and SQ performer then the koda 6. I can remember, but does the koda 6 have XBL2??

Silver Member

Post Number: 639
xxx would get louder, though. Has anyone seen ascendent audios new midbass? it looks like they took a dustcap off of a avalanche 18 and put it on there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 642
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1120
Are you sure teh XXX would be louder then the Extremis??? I am sure glasswolf would know. By the way, have you hear either of them??

Silver Member

Post Number: 644
Nope. I'm sure aa new midbass will be better than both of them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1128
that thing looks hella sweet man.

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 81
the koda doesnt have xbl2
Yeah it does look nice aesthetics was going to be the next thing in choosing which one I will get because they will be mounted to roof where everyone can see. The adires do seem to a bit of an eyesore LMAO

I went to AA new website and couldnt get any info on the new midbass. I think I will look into those two companies a little more on the future they dont seem to overprice like cdt does on some of their products.

Are the extremis sold in pairs.
How much do you think the new AAs might be

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
Another option which i must brin up is the Iridium 6.5 middbass from DLS, They are really expensive though, but they are extremely accurate and pound for such a little speaker.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1189
The Extremis is sold seperatealy and i beleive they are 100 buch apeice. Go to acoustic-visions.com to order them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 670
Prolly like 100 bucks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1192
No shizit ice, i got to it first. You really do need to get a little faster.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
the extremis is made for home use...but can also be used in car audio situations...however it is an 8 ohm speaker...which means that you will have to use either 2 speakers and run them in parallel to get a 4 ohm load or get something like JL slash series and bridge it (get same load between 3-8 ohms)

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 85
Damn I was hoping they would be in pairs....
Would you say it would be worth it to pay the extra $80 over the cdts.

I am a little more interested in the cdts now though because AA is making one of thiers out of carbon fiber much like the cdt. makes me wonder

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 86
ill just wait to check out the new AA midbasses hopefully they come put soon thier forums were saying late summer for their release but there isnt even a price in the air yet

Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 3
The Extremis is not specifically for home use. in fact i would have to say that most people that own them use them for car audio.

Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 5
The AA midbass driver also comes in regular pressed paper

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Anyone know around how much it is going to be going for???

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 91
The only way to find out is to ask the head guy over there.

Yes i know they come in paper or carbon fiber I just think the carbon fiber is somewhat unique because very few use it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I would have to say that a Non-pressed paper cone like what is used on DLS iridiums is one of the best cone materials ever used.

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 99
What would be your 2nd preference under the iridiums
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us