Amp worked fine for about 10 minutes, then shut off.

Park
Unregistered guest
I bought a pyramid PB-736GX 1000W 2-channel amp and hooked it up to 2 Dual 10in XiNC110 600W subs. It ran really well for about 10 minutes as I was adjusting the settings then the protect light came on and the amp got warm. I looked at the gain because I know not to boost it too high and it was at mid-level. I've put together quite a few systems and never had a problem like this if someone could lend a hand I would appreciate it.

Anonymous

Sounds like you have a wiring issue. If it's going into protect you probably have the subs wired up at too low impedance(ohms). Are the subs SVC/DVC? Anyone know the RMS specs on the AMP and at what impedance? Pyramid's web page doesn't help much.

Park
Unregistered guest
Subs=SVC.RMS power@4 ohms=75Wx2. RMS power at 2 Ohms= 125Wx2. Low level input impendance 10k Ohms. Matching speaker impendance is stereo mode 2-4 Ohms, Bridged mode is 4-8 Ohms.

Anonymous

No offense, but everything you have is junk. However even those junk subs require a hell of a lot more power than you're giving them....
You need to wire one channel to 1 sub, 1 channel to the other at, both @ 4ohms. That's only giving 75Wrms to each sub. The DUAL website says 125W rms so even according to them you're underpowering it. So, the amp is clipping (going into protect) because you don't have enough power, and you have cheap arss crap amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us