Did I fry my amp?

Username: Alkfa

Post Number: 1
I was in a rush and didn't pay attention to the 12v and ground connections on my amp and reversed them (ground in 12v and 12v in ground). Is there a chance I fried my amp? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3783
you should have popped your in-line fuse before that happened and if not it should have popped your amp fuse. did you have a fire works display in your car? what exactly happened? have you tried to hook it back up properly?

Post Number: 2
Nothing happened, it just doesn't work. I've tried other amp fuses with no luck. I guess I'll just try replacing my in-line fuse. I just didn't want to run out and get one if I surely blew my amp. I'll just try a new in-line fuse. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 122
Most good amps made in the last 15 years have polarity protection.

I know my old Linear Power amps would be ok with it, I even drove
a sheet metal screw thru the speaker wires and in to the body, it
just kept turning on/off/on/off/on/off untill I removed the screw, than all was good! Those Old school amps were outstanding.

Username: Trizcam94

Post Number: 2
Whats good, I'm tryin to install my amp, and i can't seem to get power.
i think it might be cooked. I got a Filepro California 400 watt amp.(IF ANYONE HAS EVEN HEARD OF THAT BEFORE!) w/a 1400 watt amp kit connecting it.
If that's not the case anyone have an idea of what it might be?

Post Number: 3
Well, I tried a new fuse, still no luck. I'm going to take the amp in and get it tested, because I can't think of anything else it could be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us