Need some input here on RE's???

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 374
Just got off the phone with RE, and this is what their claim is, I asked about a SX 15" and also the 12" for the trunk of my 90 caddy! He suggested a ported box, which they would send the specs for if I bought from them. I have now(2)PPI Precision Power DCX 12 Subs in a vented box(not the best I know) but anyway he said that (1) 12" SX would SMOKE my subs with throwing 1500 watts rms into it with their box recomedation! IS this possible????? Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 64
smoke them which way? for SQ or SPL? either way, i think the SX would win. plus, you can save some space by only having one sub, but unless your getting air suspension, i dont think you would ever run out of room in a caddy trunk.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 375
Well we really didn't get into that. He just said that they would smoke them, whatever he meant I don't know! lol however he wants to sell a sub to, so I was wondering how much of that is a sales pitch!

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 966
none at all..he's right

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 380
Over those 2 subs ya think? I see someone has one on ebay for sale, but then I wouldn't get the warranty and such either!

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 968
wait i thoguht you meant the 15" SX..i mustve read it too fast..i dont think 1 12" sx will get louder than the other 2 12's. UNLESS the enclsoure the ppi's are in is poorly built and the enclsorue the sx is in very well build.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 381
Well I tell ya, the box I have is a prefab vented box, and to be honest they sound like cr@p, so I want to improve that, and the guy said I should go with ported and he would send the plans for the box that would do it, now I can get the 15" as well!! That's why I had to ask on here, because they are going inside a trunk of a caddy!

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 969
oh ok trhen get the 15" SX...and i would say its a must to go ported with that sub..it doesnt like nor get loud in sealed enclosures.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 383
Thanks, I think I will, as the price is pretty close, just don't want it to be to much either, that's why he mentioned the 12

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 770
think of the SX as a XXX without as good of SQ.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 385
I wish I could get that xxx, but I don't have the power to run it!

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 973
and alot more efficient as well.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3781
if you were planning on running the SX with 1500 watts the REXXX will run nicely off of that. what amp do you have? you might have said it already but I dont read everything when I am feeling lasy:-)

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 386
No, I don't have enough to run 1500 to it, that's what the salesman said I could run into it. I have a orion 1200 and and 1 ohm! I don't know if that amp is underrated or not.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3784
that amp will power a REXXX in a larger enclosure.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 387
Hmmmm! Maybe I need to look into that XXX Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us