AMP -- Requesting Good Answers... PLEASE (GLASSWOLF)

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow1290

Post Number: 54
i have 2 "dual 4-ohm voice coil 10" infiniti kappa perfect series subs"
RMS 350 watts Peak 1300 watts

need a amp with at least 700 watts rms x 2 @2-ohm (wiring subs in parallel down to 2 ohm)

i was considering 2 alpine MRP-M350 ($200.00 each)
350 watts rms x 1@2-ohm 700 watt peak

but would rather spend auound 300 dollars than 400 dollars any suggestions

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
any suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3783
Josh, your 2 subs are only 350w rms x 2. The amp you need is 700w rms.
Unless you're planning to use the amp for something else, you don't need 700w rms x 2.
I'm guessing you have 4ohms DVC. With those 2, you can have 8ohms, 4ohms or 1ohms total resistance.
Look for an amp that is 800w rms and is 1 ohm stable. If that's hard, then find an amp that gives you max power at 4ohms bridged.
If money is tight, then Audiobahn's A8000T or A8002T will power your subs without any problem. They cost around $140.
For higher priced amps, try MTX/JBL. For better quality, there's always Zapco/JL/Xtant/US Amps/Orion/PPI.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8917
600 to 800 watts RMS x 1 @ 1 ohms or 350 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms stereo.. or there abouts

a jbl bp600.1 would work
it's 600x1 @ 1 ohm

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8918
better option is even using two of those alpine M350s.. one on each sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i was planning on buying two of the alpin amps but was trying to get a little cheaper

issac 350 watts rms is for each sub
both subs individually have 350 watt rms 1300 peak
which in turn equals 700 watts rms 2600 watt peak for both subs together

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3787
Josh, peak means nothing. Don't use it to calculate your power requirements.
The JBL 600.1 will also work great for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
i know peak means nothing

i was saaying that a need 700 watts to 2 channels at 2 ohms - becouse im wiring the DVC in parallel and running them two two channels either that or wire the subs in also in Parallel to create a 1 ohm load

so far i was just planning on running each sub to seprate alpine ams capable individually rms power equalls 350 watts wich would mean that the subs would constantly run at full power with 350 extra watts for thoes sudden hits

what i was looking for was just really a cheaper solution than buying two amps and spending 400 dollars

i could get a 2 channel amp with 700 watts RMS x2@ 2-ohms
or i could get a mono sub amp with 700 watts x1@ 1-ohm

just lookin for guys like you and glasswolf who have experience with amps and the different brand as to which brand would be good to power a high quality system within a reasonable price

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
maybe nstead of spending 400 dollars on that one this amp is about the same price
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14926

one of the major things is beng the amp link system (im planning on buying a new HU) so i can buy a alpnie HU with this capability so i can control my amplifier with my HU
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SVUdRv5ZnzT/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=183850&id=essent ial_info&i=500KCE511M#Tab

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 302
I got an Alpine MRP-350 I might sell, $150 plus shipping, perfect condition :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 59
How about an ED9.1 1200w rms into 1 ohm ! . Power to spare (in case u want to upgrade to more powerful subs in the future) so that amp will run very cool . Cheap too for that amt of power , $350 with free s&h .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
i was going to replase my HU in my car until i did a little investagating and found out my dad bought the upgraded premium sound system (JL Audio Sound System) -Very Nice- sound good too so really now i'm just intrested in the amp

also the only HU's with that feature of controlling the amp from the HU is the touchscreen models which start at like $1100 (more than i'm willing to spend)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
It's got 50 watts RMS x 4 channels to the stock speakers (75 watt peak) so it sounds a lot better than most stock HU's

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8939
JL doesn't make factory systems for anyone of whom I'm aware.

JBL does though, as does BOSE, and Infinity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us