Comparing systems

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 296
Which will be louder/deeper? ( I know my setup will be better sound quality). Anyway, this guys setup is insanely loud.
His:
2 Coustic 12" Subwoofers in a sealed box. (200wrms/400wmax apeice)http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13360
1 Kicker 15" CVR ('05)
Kenwood 400X1 RMS @ 2 ohms (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13071)
JVC HU

Mine Current: (2 12" Sony Xplods with 175wrms to each using an Alpine MRP-350). His blows mine out of the water in SPL

New system: (2 12" RE12's with a Digital Audio amplifier putting out 450wrmsX1 @ 2 ohms so 225 watts rms per sub and a Pioneer Premier HU)

Will mine surpass his in SPL? Will it surpass my old system in SPL, just wondering. And do you think that my 80 amp alternator will be able to handle 450wrms with a class A/B amplifier or should I go class D just to be on the safe side?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 840
the re's might beat it...notice i said might

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 230
i think yur new system will be louder than yur old one for sure...but idk about yurs being louder than his...i think yurs might have better sq though...but idk

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 297
should I go A/B or D? And as long as it is very close to his SPL for sure that would be Tiiiiiiiiight.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 963
yea your alternator can handle that current but i would stil suggest getting a HO alternator just in case you want to upgrade in the future.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2715
I'd go class D, mor effisant... and you'res should be close to his.
If you really want to get the most out of them, I'd go ported... then you should be just as loud... if not louder.
Just my 2 cents.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 298
how much would a good ported box go for for those subs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us