Scope

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 108
Hey every one you know on windows media player you have the bars and waves scope visualization i was wondering if it shows a cliped signal on ther is it an actual cliped signal on a car? or is it just how it set up?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3386
What? No, you can't see clipping with windows media player...

If the clipping is bad enough, then you might be able to hear the distortion. If not then you need an oscilloscope.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 109
then whats with that green bar in windows media player then it looks just like one of them screens that shows the sound waves or w/e and i never heard a cliped signal before so yea i wouldnt know what one sounded like

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8888
you can buy actual RTA software for the PC, but you'll still need a good soundcard, a pre-amp, and a good mic like a termlab or audiocontrol that's calibrated for mobile audio use and able to withstand high SPL.

search google for "RTA software PC"

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8889
by the way, a clipped signal would show up on an oscilloscope sinewave not on a spectrum analyzer frequency bargraph like a 1/3 octave EQ on an RTA has

you need to be able to see the AC sinewave, and see when it clips and turns into a DC voltage.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 818
Glass, just thought I'd let you know I mentioned your name when it came up about having moderators. Hate to nominate someone who didn't want to be nominated.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8892
That's fine. Thank you.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 112
hey Glass that hole bargraph 1/3 octave EQ onan RTA i dont get a single thing of it so yea.... im a dumb and slow man to often

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8896
short answer: WMP won't do it.
you need a real oscilloscope with the proper type of leads in order to see signal clipping on an amplifier visually.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 113
k that what i wanted to know cause it constantly comes up as a cliped signal and it bugs me event tho the wave thingy looks kool when ur just listening to music
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us