Sound Dampening products

Username: Wary

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 8
I hear Cascade is the best by far, but anyone had experience with this stuff? i want to sound dampen my whole car, it's a 98 acura integra coupe.
Would a cascade paste do everything? or should you get some hood liners or blankets? liquid, sprays, or paste? I was about to buy a whole big roll of dynamat until I did some research.
how much do you think it would take to do a whole teg coupe? like the doors, and trunk?
probaby have 2000watt going through it. want SQL
any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8895
I like using this stuff;
www.newlizardskin.com

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 105
I did my friends GSR with dynamat. only used about 30sq ft and it sounded ALOT better. THe back of teg's are very easy to do. Id use a mat of some kind . Cascade is good, dynamat is good, and edead is good. best bang for the buck tho is edead. and you can use a spray on or paste to do corners or double up over the mat.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 230
Second Skin pwnes you

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 10
would you be able to use that stuff in a normal paint gun? better than cascade? how much more $$? necessary to use both or just the sound control formula? thanks glass
Jace, thanks, but i hear dynamat isn't as good as the liquid stuff, and smells when heated, cause it's tar. I have black leather on a black car, it gets hot, yes even up hur in Canada :P

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 107
yes that is true. Liquid stuff is better. But if you want a easy way of doing it then a mat is the way to go. But cascade and edead are both vinyl based. doesnt smell when heated or get tacky when warm. But go with the liquid, it should work great! good luck

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8910
lizardskin needs their own spraygun, since it's set up to handle the more viscous medium.. thicker than paints.
if I recall, its about $185/2 gallons or something. its on their site.

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 83
Is spraying the way to go or can you paint it on just as easily?

Bronze Member

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 14
I can get some cascade here for round $100 per sheet, each sheet is 37"x45". i dont' want to buy the spray gun and everything so i might as well go with Cascade? best place to get it? or which kind? Also you'd just use the cascade mats for everything and hten use the liquid for the hard to reach places?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us