Can I do this?

gooooooogle
Unregistered guest
I was wondering if I could hook 4 RE 12" subs to one Rockford Fosgate 1000bd amp and fully power them without damaging them or my amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 79
whats the rms and the ohms on the re 12's. Are they dual voice coil.

goooooooooooooogleeeeeeeeeee
Unregistered guest
some help please.

goooooogleeeee
Unregistered guest
175 watts RMS and dual 4 ohm

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3754
you can wire those subs to either a 2 ohm load or a 8ohm load depending on how you wire them. I am not sure on the specs on that amp if it is stable at 4ohms mono or 2 ohms mono. If it is stable at 2 ohms mono I think it should be fine if you use some control on your end and dont crank them all the way up so you fry the coils. If you put them in a small sealed box you should be just fine with that kind of power going to each, depending all on your amps specs.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 225
@ 2 ohms that amp puts out enough power to power yur re 12's...that amp is well underated...actually all fosgate power series is this year at least...james...i understand all of the simple wiring...like plain series and plain parallel...but how do you wire series/parrallel...and all that stuff in other words how are you getting a 2 ohm load off of 4 dual 4 ohm subs...im not doubting you i would just like to know how...for the future...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3760
here this should help you out a little bit. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=4+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=9&image.y=10
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us