Yesssss! isaac! sub! anyone!

grease dog
Unregistered guest
i finally got it! i finally bought my brahma 12" i got it for $270. is that a good deal??? the only thing i'm down about is that its the mark I. how do you guys think the first generation sub will do? its not blown, cosmetically perfect. but how does it compare to its younger brothers?

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 49
cant answer your question, but congradulations!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3376
There really aren't many difference between the Brahma MKI and the MKII.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 221
i had a mk1 brahma 15" and it pounded...they are pretty much the same...you cant really tell the difference when its mounted...the only thing that is different is the 4 spoke vs the 12 spoke...

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 956
yes the only difference that i know of is the MKI had a tinsel lead slap and then they fixed that one problem and released as the MKII

grease dog
Unregistered guest
apocalypse, does the sub still play good even with the slap?

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 957
yeh the sub is still soudns fantastic and IMO one of the best soudning high excursion subwoofers ever made so far.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 949
You probably won't hear it unless your like free air it and and have your ear right near it.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 958
yea and it only happens when you're blasting the sub in most cases if not all. tinsel lead slap

check that out.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3377
Link doesn't work.

If you do have slap though, try cutting two pieces of felt, and gluing it onto the cone right behind the tinsil leads.

grease dog
Unregistered guest
now the only thing i think i have to worry about is what kind of amp to use and how big of an alternator. i know i want a sealed box, maybe 1.5 cubic feet, i see that most brahmas arent mounted in small boxes. but i'm thinkning a jbl 1200.1, but i cant find one, and maybe a 180 amp alternator. what do you guys think???

grease dog
Unregistered guest
i was able to work the link, anyways, i wanna get the woofer in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed enclosure, and probably get a jbl 1200.1 for it, with a 180 amp alternator, what you guys think?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3380
JLB should push it just fine. I'm not really sure about the older Brahma enclosure recomendations though.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 961
haha joe dont know what i was doing lol..but yeah it was basically what you said about cutting felt and glueing it unto the cone right behind the tinsel leads,but with some pics

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4647
i know of a jbl 1200.1 for sale for 325 bucks i think, or 235 at a pawn shop near me, i wanna buy it but dont have the cash for it if you want it lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us