What is the best sub THAT WONT RADDLE MY TRUNK that money can buy

Bronze Member
Username: Ihaveasystem2

Post Number: 48
I was wondering the best 12" sub with the cleanest bass that will be pushed with a ppi 1000 watt 2 channel amp in the back of a honda civic si for racing on the weekends

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 356
1 Kilowatt and any sub that can handle it will rattle the sh!t out of your honda.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 119
The only way to minimize the rattling is to get Dynamat (or some other dampener)... Almost any sub will rattle your trunk, cheap or expensive... that's a lot of air moving back there bro.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 832
bazooka bass tubes

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 32
Pyramid all the way, couldnt rattle paper if it was hitting it. lol

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 359
Derrick, I think you don't seem to grasp the concept of speakers in general. Normally, the better made something is, the less it will rattle. This can't be applied to subwoofers. In fact, its the exact opposite. Subwoofers just weren't made to be used in tin cans, which is exactly what we all want to do with them. The louder and better the sub is, the more it rattles the tin can.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4346
If you're serious about racing, the last thing you want to do is add a bunch of subwoofers, amplifiers, sound deadening, and the electrical drag that comes from them to the car. The weight alone will shave tenths off your 1/4 mile time.

If you want to assure the trunk doesn't rattle, then sound deadening, like said above, is the only way to go. The more the better.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 53
jonathan is dead on man....i went from 9.32 1/8th mile to almost 10 by just putting a sub and box in my car. but it's funny as hell seein me run down the track blastin tunes loud as hell just to do it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us