How about DD

monkeydog
Unregistered guest
I want to know if a Digital Designs 12" or 15" 9500 series sub would hit harder with bass meckanic and could I run one off a rockford fosgate power bd 1000 amplifier with an alumapro 5 farad cap.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3363
Hit harder than what? Yes the DD is gonna get loud, as long as it's in a decent enclosure and your running the appropriate amp to it. Honestly, your question is worded very badly and doesn't make much sense.

It should be plenty loud with the RF amp, as long as it matches up to the sub, I'm too lazy to go look everything up.

You don't need the cap though, it's not gonna make your system "hit harder", it really don't do anything besides act as a filter.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 338
The DD 9500 will be louder that just about anything out there. The capacitor won't help, and that amp will probably be sufficient to run the sub close to its full potential depending on how you enclose it. What the hell is bass meckanic anyway? Not familiar with the brand.

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 31
bass meckanic is a artist of some sort that makes just bass songs i think, but i dunno.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 340
you beat me too it Joe, I guess I took too long looking up "bass meckanic." I think it was a lost cause anyway, I can't find it.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 167
Ya right!, DD's arent loud.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 341
good one zac. Anyway, i think he meant "bass meckanik" with the "k" Whatever it is, DD will hit hard.

monkeydog
Unregistered guest
I was trying to ask if the 12" or 15" sub would have more bass with a bass cd (bass meckanic).

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3366
If your only going by size, and not taking any other factor into consideration, then the 15, due to a larger SD.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 348
yea I definately misunderstood you, sorry about that. The biggest difference between 15" subs and 12" subs is that 15"s can hit louder and lower, but 12"s will have tighter, punchier bass. Some 15s can get really sloppy, but you won't have that problem with the DD 9500 because its well made. For test tones and rap, I'd go with the 15" For techno/rock/metal, a 12" will give you more defined bass and won't lag behind on a quick bass line and start to blend the notes together.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3367
"The biggest difference between 15" subs and 12" subs is that 15"s can hit louder and lower, but 12"s will have tighter, punchier bass."

I don't even feel like explaining it, so I'll just copy what glass posted a few minutes ago:

"this is a common misconception.
The truth is that really, the better the BL curve, and depending on the enclosure type and the crossover point for the subs, the tighter and "faster" the subs will sound.

For example, if you feed a 15" sub plenty of power, and it has a great BL thanks to the right design, and a strong magnet to control the driver movement, then you place this sub in a good sealed enclosure to get the benefits of lower group delay and faster response you'll get a faster sounding sub than you will with an 8" sub with a poor BL, and less power in a ported or bandpass box. "

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 349
I couldn't agree with you more. Thats why I said "Some 15s can get really sloppy, but you won't have that problem with the DD 9500 because its well made" He was trying to choose between a 12 and a 15 so I just wanted to give him some more background on the nature of the choice. But I'm sure the sub he's talking about won't be sloppy, so thats why I said it.

monkeydog
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your responses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us