What's The Big Deal?(Eclipse&RE)

Bronze Member
Username: Donshiv

Post Number: 22
I hear a lot of people saying that these subs are good. What's so good about them,just wondering cause I never heard them? I would like a good 15" that gets over 4000watts. Can you list some?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3741
why would you want a 4000 watt sub? are you a serious competitor? do you know what kind of charging stsyem you would need with that kind of power? what amp do you have that puits out 4000 watts? just wanna get a little idea of what your goals are first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I would be getting 2 audiobahn classD amps.1200rms each.The sub I have in mind right now is a quad(so just decided to get 2 amps).

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 766
audiobahn = krap

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8846
if you want a pure SPL sub, go with RE's MT15
it'll take all the power you can feed it, and it's hella loud

just look at the size of that beast.

what are you after? SPL only? good SQ? how are you going to feed 4Kw of amplifiers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Besides the watts I want my sub to be really loud. Like rollin down the block and everyone can hear you from like a block away. Will this Re MT15 do the job?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
And also what are the specifications for this sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
And also what are the specifications for this sub?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3362
Re doesn't give any standard specs on the MT, there's too many different coil configurations. All I know is that it can have a BL of 37-49, which is huge.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8863
well, I won;t be much ehlp, since I'm of a completely opposite school of thought when it comes to people wanting to be heard a block away.

My education and experience have put me in a mindset of keeping as much inside the car as possible, and making it almost silent outside of the car.

G_Funk
Unregistered guest
Some people have no Idea what the hell they are talking about.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3365
Exactly.

Once I buy my first NEW car, I'm definitely gonna be something well insulated already, and I'll still probably rip most of it apart and put a layer or two of edead down. I'm just spending too much money and wasting too much time trying to quiet my tin can down.

G_Funk
Unregistered guest
For one I have two Audiobahn Immortal 12's. Currently running 2400 watts RMS to each sub.
Way under powering. These subs will handle 30,000 watts RMS at a burp. I hit 147.9 on a pressure sensor. And I hit 150 on a capsule mic. I run in the Advance 1-260 class IASCA. I am currently building a box to house these puppies. The box I have now is 2.4 cube per side.

G_Funk
Unregistered guest
There is no telling how many boxes I will build or how many runs on the rta 190. Also I will also need like 40 batteries to run all that. 2 alternators. To build a SPL car costs around 50,000. Car not included. Research before you speak. If run a 4,00 watt amp on a 65 amp alternator. You won't have a stereo to play. Get one 10 inch sub a 500 watt amp, box it right. Save money BE happy.

Anonymous

LOL!!! i HIGHLY doubt those abahns can take 30000 rms...lol...even on a burp i think they would go up in flames...no pun intended...and 150 with 5000 rms is terrible...no offense...but im usin about 1000 and my system hits over 150...lol...yur only givin yur subs 2.4 per side...wow thats pretty small...i give mine like 4 each...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us