Powering a 12" MT

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 23
I just bought a 12 inch MT and i was wondering on what kinda power am i looking at to power this bad boy. i have seen people put 1000 RMS and other people put 2500 RMS. anybody know the best power rating to go with, i listen to rap at high volume, so i wanna be able to crank it up, but not either blow the sub or kill myself, which either one comes first.

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
I have heard that the MT moves decently with 700 RMS, but doesn't get that loud. IMO, I would say 2000 RMS minimum.

BBrock

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
would a MA audio 4400W RMS amplifier be too much?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 219
lol..nothings to much for an mt...idk...never played around with one...wait till glass replys if he does...i would think it could handle it deffinatly in short bursts...

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 943
yes it will handle a ma audio quite nicely due to impendance rise the subwoofer it self will never see 4400wrms even though i dont think that amp can put out that much power maybe aroudn 3500wrms is more like it. BUt like i said due to impendance rise the subwoofer will never see full power..And plus i hope your electric system can handle all that power.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 946
and btw the Mt will move decently with jstu abotu any amount of power because RE said that it will get louder than any other subwoofer they make at just about any given power amount..And also Mt's will work with about 700wrms if you have s snailshell..because the enclsoures are so efficient

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
thanks guys. you have really helped me in deciding what kinda power i need for that sub.

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
No prob bro........just dont go deaf on us! Ur gonna have to reinforce ur car too.

BBrock

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Iraggi arleady gave me a quote on a 200 amp alternator, and i plan on getting a double layer of e-dead from my trunk, and a single layer for my floor and doors, and a double layer for my firewall. worried about my windows...i already have a chip in the front windshield and i hope it doesnt get worse. probably wont though.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 469
the hk802sx is 2200 rms...4400 max...i myself have an iraggi alternator...works great...i have the 220 amp version.

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
whats the rms and max of the RE MT

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
just doesn't make sense that an amp would be able to put out 8800 watts for so cheap even if the SQ is out the window.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
dont know the max and RMS of the MT. but ive seen people put 1000 RMS into the sub and the sub still performs. then ive also seen people burp 18" Mts with 10000 watts. who knows, who knows. once i sit back and look at what i want performance wise and quality wise, i think ill go with a orion 2500D. ill like it alot more that the claimed MA audio "super duper ultra GT 4400 billion trillion quadrouplewatt" amplifier
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us