Subwoofer good/bad list?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 150
i noticed there was an list of good/bad... amps. is there one for the major subwoofer companies?

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 213
The list you seen was a mixture of all audio equipment, not just amplifiers.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 177
why don't we come up with our own list?
based on our own opinions?
maybe glasswolf and jonathan, etc. could help...
sh!t, we'll need everyone's help, i suppose!

Silver Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 123
This forum needs stickies that go at the top of the forum. The stickies could be like glass' vocabulary lessons, sub lists, and tutorials.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2691
I'd say, just like everything else, it all depends on the price.
Most people don't like audiobahn, but if someone doesn't have much money and want the most bang for the buck, I'd recomend them all day. Of corse a JLw7 would be better, but...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8850
most of the time these lists jsut turn into bickering bouts about who prefers what brands. There's always someone loyal to brand X, no matter how good or bad it seems to everybody else.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Yea, I guess. But maybe it would be better to make a list for everyone could use... not just people with a lot of money. I know a common question is always, "What's the best sub for so-and-so dollars...?" The list could compose of what would be the best sub for 100 dollars, 200 dollars, 300, 400.... etc. Then we could combine everyone's input and make a recommeneed list for future reference... similar to a best value list.. I don't know. I think I'm just rambling incoherently. Sorry guys....

Bronze Member
Username: Tnilli

Post Number: 12
Ya i know a bunch of people on here get mad when people ask about subs and such, but honestly, i dont know what the heck im looking for. People offer brands and then i can look them up...but untill then i dont have any idea they exist. Research is hard when you dont have any background at all. Just my 2 cents.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 940
Thats why there should be 2 lists. One for price/performance ratio and the other is just plainly which is friggen better then the other regardless of price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
Yea, that's exactly what I'm saying. I guess the amp list I was talking about earlier could also apply to the "plainly which is friggen better then the other regardless of price" sub list, but we do need a list for us guys who want the best for the amount of money we can afford.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8878
here's an idea.. instead of relying on other people to do all of your research and footwork for you, do some of it yourself, and narrow down what you have to choose from.. with a little bit of effort, you shouldn't have to ask anyone else if products are good or not.. you should be able to find that information yourself.

God knows people ask the same things here often enough, just use the advanced search function and you'll probably find fifty opinions on nearly any product.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 466
or just check out reviews across the internet...most people here either heard something, know someone whose heard it, or read about someones review who heard it...so just look for reviews across the internet to see how good or bad something is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us