RE 12

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 61
anyone had personal expiernce with RE12's? im thinkin about gettin 2 12's, where can i buy these i didnt see anywhere on their site to purchase them

what kind of box would be best for these, looking for spl over sq, i no close to nothing about boxes

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 91
www.reaudio.com
not sure on the box tho...

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 749
you get the sales number in the contact info. As far as the box 1.5 cubic foot ported at 32 hz for SQL like listed on their site.

I just got 4 of them and love them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 750
I personally have my 4 sealed, so i would expect even larger numbers then me. They are extremely punch subs and can still hit decently low. They are VERY SMALL subs. Each sub weighs about 6 pounds or so.

It will be about 77 shipped per sub unless you have a dealer near buy, and in that case they will make you go through them and pay more.

They build the subs after the order so it should take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
ah sweet sounds good, yea im thinkin 2 12's ported. why are they so small? six pounds sounds really light

Silver Member

Post Number: 767
Just the way they chose to make them, cant really say why. They are very light. When they shipped they were all in one semi-large box that weighed 24lbs from what fedex said. 2 of them should be very nice. Enjoy them when you get them. Hell, as small as they are you might even be able to add a couple more later on if there is room in your car.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1881
I ordered one RE 12 today and they charged me $77 dollers shipped. I should be getting it in a week and a half from now.

Its going in a 1.5 cuft ported box tuned to 32hz that i have. This is like a budget setup im using for my brothers civic. I am looking at the JL e1200 or jl 250/1 to power this. RE said that this sub is rated 175 rms but can take 250 rms

Wonder how this will sound when its done.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
yea i will def will chris thanks for the help man

box question, MO you say u are going to have a 1.5 cuft box for one, so 3 cuft box for two? i no nothing about boxes sry if this is a dumb question. and yea ill be runnin about 190 rms to each so hopefully they can take more even though it says 175

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1887
Yes, you will want a 3.0 cu ft box tuned to 32hz and these subs are underated and can handle 250 watts rms/ I talked to the guy from RE today when i ordered my 12 RE.

My friend is actually about to order 2 RE 12's and go ported like you at 3.0 cuft. tuned to 32hz and run them off a kicker kx600.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
awsomes sounds good, when you say tuned to 32hz how do you tune the box?

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 36
the box tune depends on the design (mainly length) of the port. i forgot if a shorter port or a longer port gets lower. wait for glass or another post from MO.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 308
The longer the port the lower the tuning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
gotcha, well im gonna have to get help designing a box anyway its def not a think for amatuers

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 97
Hey Brooks and MO... tell us how they sound when your finished. I would like to know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us