Walmart boxes

Username: Bdavis_123

Post Number: 8
Are walmart boxes any good? I was browsing in the auto section and saw a box making kit. It was about $30 and looked nice. Has anyone ever bought one? It would be for a rockford fosgate punch p3.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8837
not that good.
If you want a prefab box, search eBay with keywords, like "slot 12" dual sub box" and see what pops up

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 810
well they r fair on a budget

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3359
All the Walmart boxes I've ever seen were 1/2 plywood with some carpet thrown over them. Pretty crappy, not even worth it if your on a tight budget.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 936
Yeah you can get something 3 times better for like 10-20 bucks more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 811
welll im talkin about on a really tight budget man...like 500 for everything

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 447
thats not that tight a budget...a box can make or break a system...not just the components...theres a reason why everybody is saying to skip the walmart crap...especially if you have $500 to spend...the only thing i'd buy from there is the polyfill sheets.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 448
use at least 1/2" mdf...medium density fiberboard...it is denser than normal wood so it doesn't flex when the subwoofer hits...if you used something like particle board (many kitchen cabinets are made of this) to make a subwoofer box...a decent woofer would split the wood while it is playing...

Bronze Member
Username: Jechapk

Post Number: 16
yeah mdf is cheap anyway

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8851
you get what you pay for.
I know. sounds familiar, huh?
truth of the matter is, impulse buying is what will kill ya in car audio.
I know, you don't have a lot of money.. now.
If you sit on it, save up, and wait a bit, you'll have more in time. Probably not that much time in fact. I know the younger you are, the longer it seems to take for time to pass, but that small amount of time you (anyone) spend saving up, pays off big time when you get better enclosures, speakers, amplifiers, etc.. and a better sounding system in the end.

People who buy cheap crap to "get them by for now" never end up saving enough for a good system, or if they do at some point years later after they've bought a lot more cheap crap as replacements for earlier failed cheap crap, they scream, "Why didn't I just get good stuff the first time??? This is amazing!"

Live and learn I guess.
plywood does not a good box make.

Silver Member

Post Number: 825
ha ha my houses floor was made of praticle board and im like athletic so i jump around alot and fell right through the d@mn floor lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us