Recommendations por favor

cooleolio
Unregistered guest
ok i have a rockford fosgate type rf x1 amp powering 2 10" alpine type s (600w peak) in a vented enclosure.

HOWEVER, the performance is extremely inconsistant. my headunit, alpine 9811, demands alot maybe when i have 'MX' on and subw turned up and the fving amp goes into protection mode if i have the subs up high for more than 2 hard hitting songs.

i was thinking that maybe i should just make the amplifier power my stock speakers and then buy a new amp that wont pvssy out on my subs.

what should i get (amp), o ye knowledgable genious? i was hoping to spend $250-350

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1588
this could be a few things.
your alternator may not be enough for the current draw of the 9811's Vdrive amp, and the RF amp as well. adding another amp would draw even more.
it could be that your type S subs just aren't enough for you, which is very likely as they are lower end subs. You shouldn't need to turn the sub outputs up that far with the alpine, but if the amp gains are set too high you'll also experience clipping which isn't good either.
a few ideas:

high output alternator: ~$200-500
better amplifiers (1 monoblock, 1 four-ch.) ~$600
better subs in a new box: ~$400+

cooleolio
Unregistered guest
Ummm.. i dont think its a power problem.

originally i only had one 10" and it never did that. so then i decided to add another one and thats when it started happening.
my headlites never dim, my headunit never flutters.

i defenitely dont want to buy another system completely (after spending $300 for the amp, $400 for the subs & box and the $100s for installs.

but would the rf work with the facory speakers?

what amplifier would have no problem powering the subs without going out?

thanks

cooleolio
Unregistered guest
would this be better for my subs than the rf amp?
http://www.cartoys.com/cartoys/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=23556

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 24
If interested I have a MA M1883IX 800W Mono block that is for sale / it will power what you have & then some.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us