W7, really needs some help.

Username: Deezel

Post Number: 1
Hey everybody. I've run across this board several times, and really must say a lot of people on this board know their stuff. My question is pretty simple.

I just bought a 2005 Xterra, and want to put some car audio in it. I am looking at placing one woofer in the car to conserve space, but at the same time I want something that will be fairly loud and tight. To this point I am considering the W7.

My question is, I really want this sub, but can never muster up the 600 dollars for the sub and the 500 dollars for the JL amp to use with their sub.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a sub amp that will give me 600-800 WATTS RMS that will work well with this sub's 3 OHM coil.

I was looking at the Hifonics BX1205D or 1605D, but would have no idea how to fathom how much power they will put out at 3 OHM's.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm up for any suggestions. Thanks for reading.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1841
Look for a JL 1000/1 on ebay. You should be able to find one for $500.

ALso there is a user names subfanatic on here that has a 1000/1 for sale now for like $500 or somthing.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 794
whats ya budget just in case

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 795
he also has a w7 for sale lol

Post Number: 2
This is probably going to sound ridiculous, and make me look like a complete idiot, but I was trying to find an amp for maybe like 300 dollars to run it.

On discountsjungle, the Hifonics BX1605 is something like 280. Its 1100 Watts at 2 OHMS.

The thing that is throwing me off with this W7 is the 3 ohm coil.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 43
if the RMS on that amp is correct you will be pushing around 900 watts to the sub....the w7 ohm rating is rounded up from my experience...it's actually 2.7ohms. so you will be seeing about 900 watts to the sub....a w7 really only needs 700ish watts to really shine tho.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3336
It should work alright. The Hifonics is gonna be overrated anways, and at 3 ohms it should be between 750 - 850 wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 605
Yes.

(I love just agreeing, it's so easy)

Post Number: 3
Wow, thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate it. I guess the Hifonics amp will work well enough. Thanks again everyone.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 406
i'd personally look into a different sub and get the 1000/1...there are many choices out there that get louder and are equal or better in sound quality...but very few amps can equal the flexibility, sound quality, and power of the 1000/1...if i were you, i'd spend the w7 money on a 1000/1 and get a sub like a xxx, avalanche, brahma, eclipse ti, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 208
The only way hes going to get a Ava is to buy a 15 right now since from what I understand thats all that Ascendant has left (as of 7/27). Or you can try to find a "used" one but likely you wont find it on ebay. The only way i have seen people selling them is on forums. So that is your best bet to look for a Ava 12.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 409
yes...or i believe someone else ran into this problem 2...he said some local shops have some left.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us