What are the most decibals you have persoanlly ever heard?

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 325
Don't know if this has been a thread in the past, but i was just curious

personally, i've heard 151.4 db's or somthin like that

(and no port wars don't cound)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 611
i think it was something like 145-148 with 2 Infinity Reference subs...LOL i know...he had a crazy box

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4615
161 with 4 15 inch memphiss

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 317
156 with 2 10inch shocker sigs.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 399
I heard 143.9 with some old strokers in a weird azz box.. looked like a damned airhorn lol.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 542
whoa how did that feel sub?

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 189
I heard a 154.6 with one 15" Digital Designs pushed by an Orion in a Golf. It made me cry.... :-( and a 153.8 with two 12" DD in a Volvo V40 pushed by a SPL Dynamics. Then i heard my :-) 147.9 in a Eclipse with one 15" Immortal pushed by the A2300HCT. So and so.... :-(

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4617
mark, it was at a local comp, and when he burped to hit that i wasnt allowed to sit in the car, but his name is mike and he is a personal friend kind of, well kind of a mentor lol, hes an older black friend that i learn alot from, but daily he hits about 155 all the way up or somen and we ride around with it like halfway, you just cnat handle it lol

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8668
158,something actually sitting in the vehicle. I've been in a building with vehicles in the 170s, but that was at events, outside the sealed vehicle, raed on a mic. The 158 was in a Stilwater Designs demo van, years ago.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 326
haha i heard mine with 2 15 L7's, it sounded like sh!t but sure was loud

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2686
153, and I was sitting in the truck.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 761
162 even playing it normaly....no burps and then he burped it overpowering em each with 1000 watts more and he burped 4 5 seconds and hit 167...dude i fukin swear, when i sat in that car and he turned it up i just hoped out and ran outside lol...
sadly:-(:-( the shop ran out of buisness and he was gonna go 2 a comp in KY.

Ok the car was a civic i think, not hatchback.
he was runnin a 15 inch planet audio big bang, 15 inch planet audio FU's and an 18 inch american bass VFL(wich overpowerd the planet audios lol)

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 810
the higher i have ever felt was 156.3db...

at a comp bout 2hrs from here, the guy was running 6 12" seleniums in a S10

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 184
I have sat in an expedition at the shop where i got my box built and bought all my stuff, that had 2 18" Solo X's, each powered by there own kicker 2500. There was not meter in it, but they said they metered it and it would hit 155. That was the loudes i have ever heard or felt. And by the way, the solo x's, do NOT sound bad.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 931
Hey Juston didn't you say awhile ago that you were gonna get your system measured?

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 185
yes i did say that, and i planned to, but it was on a saturday night when they were doing it for free, and well, lets just say i never quite made it there. I still plan on getting it measured. If they aren't having another free thing this summer, which they probaly will, i think they do one every month, but if they don't then i will just have to pay. Definetely am doing it though, cuz i want to know what it hits.

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 161
i heard 156 in a blazer with 4 ported rf 15's the old school power hx2 series.. it made the freaking rails where the door and window come togethor move.. or either my eyes were moving.. i felt like my chest was imploding and my head was gonna pop off.. crzy stuff man.. my daily drive is only 130 decibals.. and that is for now.. i like clean bass. :-) oh i wouldnt want to be in a car with 161 decibals... if 156 is painful i would hate to feel anything above that.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 205
161.11 with one 10in.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 38
heard 168ish......trailer car basically....about 1800 pounds of cement.....8 batteries....2 Zapco 4k amps....2 Atomic 15's windows where up and the meter was on dash at the begining of the comp....oh and it was a late 80's crx. barely ran but it was a spl car only. it hit 176ish in the port.

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 190
161.11? how did they measure that? With what kind of 10" anyway?

Anonymous

171sh db two 8" subs in a spl comp.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 396
171ish? with 2 8" subs????...liar...the record is 178 with port wars i believe

Username: Modder05

Brooklyn, Oh

Post Number: 7
Ahhhh, my old system.....2 lanzar dc 12's, 2 mtx 2160's mono'd on each sub, mtx lsb1(kind of like an epicenter, i need to find another 1)all in the back of my at the time hooptie, a chevy cavalier ....154.7db...god do i miss that setup

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 199
154.7 with 2 lanzar 12's???????????????????? man guys doesn't that seem a bit high????????????????

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 200
for me it was 4 adire tempest 15"s like 156ish

*yah 200th post*

Brooklyn, Oh

Post Number: 9
First of all I gain nothing from lying, secondly, they arent the new japanese bullshit that you new generation audio enthusiasts are wasting money on nowadays, they were the "original" Made In The USA Lanzar DC dvc 12's, which meant they would take a tremendous amount of power and keep pushin'. Third, Im not some amaeture that throws anything into his car just so I could cruise around the block and see how many people will look at the a@# Ive made out of myself because all you hear is rattle rattle rattle, I took the time to carefully plan and execute every detail that went into my install. So please , seeing as how I have atleast 12 yrs on you in the car audio business, please dont look around with a question mark and look for some1 to help you with a subject in which you cant shine a light upon. Thanks and no disrespect, but like I said I would have gain nothing from lying.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 159
That is high Michael. But i'm sure he is referring to a score from an old A/C. And who knows how long it had been since its last calibration. That 154 could easily translate into a 148 on newer sensor type db meters. So no, I don't find it hard to believe.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, Oh

Post Number: 11
That score was about 6 yrs ago at a db sanctioned drag in Akron, and with about 150 cars theres no doubt in my mind that there was time to calibrate anything, so i fully agree that it could have been lower even then....and by the way what is the name of your shop?? I might have a box question for you.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 216
LAMO, George, that was the most ignorant thing i have ever seen any one say. U need to do some research. and 12 years. Only a kid would disrespect someones opinion that bad. Stfu noone cares to hear u complain, Its possible to hear say 160-170 from one sub. If u dont belive me check any of the Car audio mags out there and u will see it. 171.2 was the loudest ever recorded from one 10 inch sup with 1000rms watts. LOl and i dont throw ne thign into my car. Everything is cad designed. something noobies like u dont understand. Dont jump to conclusions, Everyone is here for there love of car audio. Not every one can afford top notch stuff. So dont come in here sayin u r all bad and talk crap kuz people wont take it. And if u think u got balls beat 171.1 off one 12. My db level i hit with 3 senhiser Industrial compitition db meters on dash, windows up. ....

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 217
Oh and bro, Age of db meters means shi&. Lol u need to wake up bro, ive seen db meters 10 years old 100% as accurate as one made a week ago. Its the software that effects the reading, not the meter, being im a programmer i think i should know. Sorry to be a dick but i hat to see a new guy up in here rippen on people for their likes and dislikes, and sometimes even lack of knowledge,

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, Oh

Post Number: 13
UH Oh....must have pissed off big brother....why dont you wake up my freind....maybe you should have "READ" the post before stating your own opinion....items like "plan and execute every detail that went into my install"....secondly, I wouldn't have wasted the time and energy on yet a second post if people would keep their opinions to themselves. No1 gives a sh!t about either one of us or our experience, this whole thread started out as a question of what the most db "YOU" had seen. It didnt ask you to shoot down and question every response in the thread. So with that being said, and since you would like to state your own opinion heres one for yet another young unsatisfied KID....I was designing and installing custom high end systems while you were sleepin in class. Do me a favor, dont look at my post count like its some unmistakeable misrepresentation of my car audio knowledge. I happened to stumble on this site thru a search engine, so if you would like to get into a pissing match I suggest you do some homework of your own, because I guarantee you are not dealing with a newb here.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, Oh

Post Number: 14
Oh and by the way, I just wanted to know why you stepped into the conversation anyways......seeing how no1 was talking about 1 sub.....the discussion was about a pair of 12's hitting 154.7, not 1 sub...A PAIR, so obviously you shouldn't have a problem believing that a pair of 12's could produce a reading of 154.7 seeing as how your single almighty 12 can produce record shattering numbers correct!!!!!! Maybe you should direct your magazine reading to some other nonbelievers. Thats all, have a good day!

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 162
Tim, your an idiot. Either bring it down a notch or go somewhere else.

Hi George, the shop is TinkerToy Customs. We build custom hotrods, hydraulic hoppers, body kits, full fiberglass, lcd installation(anywhere), remote start alarms, sq audio installs, and most of all, SPL :-)
Hey, I see your into Lanzar. I've got an ol 100.2 opti-drive. I collect mostly older art series ppi and ref soundstreams but when I came across this one I had to have it, one of the last to be handcrafted in the usa. anywho, whats you box question, maybe I can help.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 218
IM sorry people get so bent from my opinion, how am i an idiot form what i said, lol, Im sorry i dissed on lanzar, they mite have been good 10 years ago, but i find it hard to respect any company that is solf at flea markets across the country. Lanzar used to be good, well so did alpine. This is an opinion, i cam say what i want, cry about it, i didnt physically hurt ne one in ne way with ne thing i said, i put an opinion it, but hey call me and idiot and cry more if it helps.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 219
and this is an old post george, Im posting to the reviaval post, this post dosent go past mike with this one. so it wasnt about 2 subs to start with on this thread, on an older one yes, but this one was about how many db uve heard. Im posting to the first person in this thread, so where u get 2 subs from, thats an older thread bro, so it can be 1, 2 , or fu87 even like 10 subs, The question on the thread is how high of a db have u heard. . I answered it with one sub. U want 2 ok, 162 with 2 subs is the loudest ive hears. There thaat better, sorry for the simple error, but i was posting to the first person in this trhead, not the same thread form awhile ago. And look at disturbed priest, he said the same kinda thing, 4 subs. READ OTHERS POSTS BEFORE U JUMP TO COMCLUSIONS. I just gave a generic answer and u say im wrong, and and idiot and shi& like that. ROFLMAO

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 220
o and i didnt mean to call u a noob , u bbviously not since u bothered to reply, so my apologies on that one George. The thing is this post isnt about 2 subs, especially when more than 1/2 the people in here said stuff about 1 2 or even more subs.

The question was. Whats the loudest db uve heard. And i answered it with my experience.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 115
Ok... I think something got lost in translation here.

George said he got whatever from his 2 lanzar subs, Michael argued and said he didn't think that was possible. George said yes it was, stating experience and credibility.

Tim didn't like the way George responded and then started talking about what was possible, and what the record was, with 1 sub (not really sure where that came from).

George then said ok, if that's possible with 1 sub... than what he got with his 2 lanzars is also possible (basically talking to Michael here).

BOTH of u answered the question sort of correctly, although Tim seemed to not understand as he said above 161.11 is the loudest he's heard (that was with 1 10") then later said he's heard 162 with 2 subs.

Now... do you all understand? Can we stop the arguing?

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, Oh

Post Number: 16
O.K..... I am officially lost now....lmao.....subject was over when I fell asleep last night....we can all carry on like normal human beings again.....time for the next thread!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us