Advice//review? just got a present from my GF :-)

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 376
my girlfriend pretty much bought me my next system :-D. The Eclipse SW 8152.4 15" Aluminum Subwoofer

anyone hear any good things of this? Also ported/sealed? any amp good to power it with?

it's a SVC 4 ohm sub.. no amps come to mind offhand. is it possible to have more than one amp hooked up to it?..

Box specs for optimum output would be appreciated too :P. Thanks guys!

My girl is the best :P It was the coolest suprize i've ever gotten, I love her!

The Sub:

Upload
Upload

My Girl! ( and me ) :

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3723
Man that is a nice sub. You should get the Orion XTR amp that I posted for MO. It was 2400w rms amp. It is a powerful amp but as I told MO, you won't get 2400w rms until the volume is maxed or till the amp gets the needed input voltage.
If that amp is sold, then JL 1000/1 will be an excellent backup.
Actually look for the thread in the amp section. I posted the actual eBay numbers. Those amps should fit your situtation.
I think your sub is 500w rms, so if you get another one, and go ported, you'll be set.
Does your gf have a sister? I need a sub too. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 609
15" i dont even think that their is a 15" AL sub i cant find any specs on it...well all i know is that the 12" is 450rms

Gold Member

Post Number: 3724
I was just watching Average Joe, and the nerdy guy actually beat out a movie/model guy!
I don't think that ever happened before. Hmmm, maybe I should be a nerd.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 765
wow that's awesome that you're girlfriend got you that sub. My GF hates systems lol

That's a really nice sub though. What's the rms power rating on that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3725
Wahl, look up, I posted the rms power.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 380
it's 500 watts rms 1000 peak, I don't think I relaly want 2 of them because it's going in the back of my celica 2002 gt and there is no room when I have 2 15s cause I used to have 2 of those 15" dub edition audiobahns.. lol

She got the sub for 160 shipped which I think was worth it. This will give me the sq I want with the spl I NEED. :P.

Yea my girl told me she wants me to get into it more instead of going to college because she said college would be a waste for that.. and she's in honors with everything paid for lol.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3292
Your probably the luckiest guy in the world right now. Your girlfriend not only likes systems, but she f#$^%ng bought you a sub.... and, she looks pretty good too. (the girl, not the sub, I meen... the sub is sexy too....)

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 383
:P.. i'll be posting more pics soon. She has the most beautiful long hair.. she just keeps it up in those damned " bun " thingies..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3728
You know who's the luckiest guy is? That nerd on Average Joe. He beat out a model/movie star.
The guy had the looks and the body, but he failed the interview with her mom. He was basically a dreamer and a bum. Her mom wanted a guy who was stable, and had a great future.
The funny thing now is, the guy lost, but due to popularity of the show, he got an audition with "Days of our Lives" soap opera. Now he has the stability her mom wanted.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3295
Lol. Your not gonna let the average Joe go are you Isaac. It's gonna haunt you. Are you jealous?

Justin, I know exactly what you meen about the hair. Nice long hair is hot man...

(BTW; does she know your posting pictures of her on the internet) :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3730
How does one look like a nerd?? I need to win me a model. :-) Hopefully, she'll buy me 2 subs!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3297
Sorry man, I think you gotta be born looking like a doof...

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 384
lol yea joe she knows :P. She thinks it's cute. I'm a keeper is what she just told me on the phone ;).

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1791
Isaac i ordered the Eclipse DA9122 yesterday and recieved it today. The XTR is a excellant amp and gives you all the power you need. However it is a very big amp that takes up alot of space and is also heavy too and just way to much power then i will ever need. That is the only drawback that i see. It also pulls more current so you will have to watch your lights for dimming and so on. The Eclipse amp from what everyones been saying is an excellant matchup to the Eclipse Ti and i got the amp for $479 and the sub for $355 so i got a great deal. By the way you are gonna be paying $400-$500 for a used XTR. I rather get a New Eclipse with a warranty anyday over that. I save space and money and peace of mind with the warranty.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 385
??.. umm i my girl got this sub for 160.00 which I thought was a great deal.. myself :D but no one has told me specs for a box yet ;).

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1794
Justin, what you wanna do is go to www.eclipse-web.com and look for there contact info and email there tech department.

I emailed them and they got back to me the same day and somtimes the next. Just tell them what model you have and they will help you.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 389
k :-) thanks bro. I honestly didn't even think of that.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4609
justin, the sub is 550 watts rms, svc 4 ohms, and runs nicely with around 600 watts rms, if you want ill sell you my interfire ib2900c amp thats 550 watts rms bridged into 4 ohms which would be perfect, and nice girl dude, lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3734
I'd go for his JL 1000/1 amp.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 390
I already have a p5002 amp that's 500x1 @ 4 ohm..

but yea danny :-) how much for that interfire? or do you have another brutus laying around you won't use?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4611
i have 2 brutus, i think 1 is being sold to someone on carstereo, and the other isnt yet, the interfire and the hifonics are selling for 125 plus shipping each
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us