Amplifier question

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 254
Ok, right now I have an Alpine MRP-350 putting out 175rms to 2 subs. I hopefully will get 2 dual 2 ohm CVR12's soon, IF i ever replaced the amp to put 300-400wrms to each sub are there any amps that meet these credentials:
Less than $250 (preferably under 200)
Draw less than 60 amps
Produce a fairly clean, decent quality signal of about 600-800wrms (@ 2 ohms but can be stable down to 1 ohms)
I guess hopefully a class D amp? They run most efficient and coolest, but A/B if not.

I was just wondering If there are any out there, I might not upgrade, just wondering.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 578
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5792715448&category=64573 %26%26

You can get it cheaper if you look around on ebay. I just took the first one I found. And it is class D so it is more efficient.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 255
thanks man, that looks like a great amp... How does the quality compare to my Alpine right now?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 256
Only problem is it draws 75 amps :-( My alternator is only 80 amps total and I don't want to upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 580
Well anything that is going to be putting out that much power is gonna need to pull more amps than what you got right now. As for it pulling 75A, I don't think so. Is that the fuse rating? Naw, it wont draw that much. If your alt gives 14.4v, which @ 14.4 volts that amp will put out 800 wrms. The most amps it will draw is ~55. Either way, I wouldn't recommend running any amp of this size on a stock alternator.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 257
I might just stick with mine then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us