XXX and The Avalanche Those who heard Both only

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 39
I hear The Avalanch Is deeper
But someone has said that the Avalanch specs are off and it really dont get that low.
Is he Just biased to his XXX
If you heared both let me know wich 1 gets lower.
And if there is a noticeble diffrence in sq.

In any case I will eventually get both the XXX and the Avalanche for a diifrent car but I want the deeper sub 1st.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 359
the ava I had heard hit pretty damned hard but everyone loves the xxx.. just depends on you and personal choice ;).

I only heard a 12" xxx and get got really low..

I hard a 15" ava and it seemed just as low with more thump..

They both have great sq and I consider them s1l subs.. the best of both worlds.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 360
the ava I had heard hit pretty damned hard but everyone loves the xxx.. just depends on you and personal choice ;).

I only heard a 12" xxx and get got really low..

I heard a 15" ava and it seemed just as low with more thump..

They both have great sq and I consider them s1l subs.. the best of both worlds.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 605
ive only heard the avalanche once but in my opinion..the ava is deeper but the XXX is louder...SQ around the same to me

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 272
Ive only heard the XXX but if justin said the 12" XXX was just as deep as the 15" ava then the XXX would be deeper b/c the bigger the sub generally the deeper it plays so based on justins exp. a 15" XXX will probably be deeper than a 15" ava.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3288
" the bigger the sub generally the deeper it plays "

I'd like you to try and prove that. How low the sub plays doesn't depend on the size.

I haven't heard a X.X.X, but I do own an Avalanche, and whoever said they don't go that low is either a complete idiot, or heard one in a very small box. I've heard plenty of systems, including 9500's and JL W7's, and my Avalanche goes lower than anything else I've ever heard. I will admit that it's definitely not louder than say the W7 or other subs when playing mid to higher bass frequencies, but when you drop below 35, 30, it's violent. It's got a FS of 15.7, that should say enough right there.

Bronze Member
Username: Swegs

Post Number: 28
ive got a sub that goes really really deep. like 1000 feet.

i couldnt resist

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1792
Joe what type of box do you have you Avalanche 15 in ? What is the size ? if ported what is it tuned to ?

I was thinking aboug going sealed at 2.25 cu ft.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3298
2.5 cf sealed. I made it exaclty the same specs as James's box. I did try choking it down to 2 cf, but I lost more low end than I wanted to, and it wasn't a big enough gain in slp to justify the low end loss. I screwed around with my filters and stuff and now everything is running great.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1795
What type of music do you listen to mostly ? HOw does it sound at 2.5 compared to 2.0 cu ft ? Which amp are you using and how many watts rms ?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1796
What kind of car do you have it in ?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3302
Using an Orion HCCA 250 G4. 800 wrms at 1 ohm. I'd suggest using something like 2, or 2.2 cf sealed if you listen to pretty much everything. 2.5 is pretty heavy on the lows, and there's just a little bit missing when the bass gets high, but I love my lows and I wouldn't want the box any smaller. I listen to lots of stuff, Rock sounds great even with the large box, you wouldn't believe the sq and the response of the sub, fast double kicks are nice and clear. Then you pop in a rap cd, play a song with a nice low bass line and watch everything in your car violently shake.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3710
avalanche will go deeper then the REXXX no doubt about it. it has a Frequency response almost 10hz lower. In the upper HZ joe is righ the REXXX will win out but not by much I am talking about 60hz to 80hz so it really doesnt make that much of a difference. I have thoroughly tested this sub vs many other competitors and it is what resides in my truck so that should say enough. Down low I have yet to hear a sub that even comes close to comparing.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1797
So at 2.5 cu ct does it drown your componant set or not. I listen to mostly rap with all types of bass high to mid to low bass. I run ID Chamoleon componants up front and was just uncertain weather or not it whould drown the sound of those at 2.5 cubes

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3711
people dont understand that the ava has incredible SQ while playing double kick bass lines at 25 hz this sub is almost to loud sometimes which is something I dont say to often. I have been playing songs before that I have had to turn off because it was blurring my vision while I was driving. This sub is a monster:-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1799
Hey James what componant set are you using up front ? How does it blend in with the monster ?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3712
Hey Mo I listen to a lot of rap also and it has never once drowned my comps out but my comps are pretty loud. I know you run the ID's so If you have them powered correctly I dont see a problem what so ever. on rap my comps sound great with the lows but on certain stuff like system of a down where the highs are obnoxious I have to turn my comps down.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3713
A/D/S 346 cs

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1800
I wanna set my the comps crossovers to a set level so i dont have to keep playing with it. Which HU are you using by the way and what is your subwoofer level set at. I use to run Alpine and i whould keep it at around 10 but now i have a differant Hu with the Eclipsecd8454

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3714
I never mess with my x-over points. I have a alpine head unit 9813 and I always keep my sub boost at 0 unless I listen to a old country recording that has a severe lack of low end but with all rap I keep it at 0.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1802
wow didnt think you whould have it on 0. In the past i whould keep my bass level always on 0 but with the subwoofer boost in the middle to high.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3716
I dont have a bass level I have a EQ which I can set by HZ levels and different db slopes as well. I have never turned my bass boost past 5 and that was with david allen Coe with a awfull recording.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1804
do you have the cda9835 because that was the one i was about to get but then i decided on the Eclipse.

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 41
sub fanatic tried to help me with the BOX
but 4.8 cube cant be right for my buds t2
they fit just fine in my car plenty room from the
trunk to the subs not much height left this the mesurements
I cant read tape so
Width 34.3 Length 17.2 Hieght 13.12

I cant read a tape so the decimals after the number are the small lines after the whole number
and with such limited height wouldnt that be bad as I would need a longer port>?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3718
the length you gave me I came up with 3.463 so after displacement of the t2's you would be at around 3 cu/ft. Now RF says in a ported enclosure each sub should have roughly 2.0 cu/ft tuned to 40hz so your box might be a little small.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us