W6 vs. W7

Username: Danielbyun

Post Number: 3
So I'm trying to get one of these two subs and money is a issue and I really dont know how much i should be spending on one of these, so if i can get some feedback that would be great.....

And how much do the amps to power these two subs go for?

Oh yeah an good recommendations for headunits???
I really dont know crap about headunits

Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 5
The W7 is a much better sub than the W6 but it is also alot more money...how much are u willing to spend?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 265
I've never tested the two in even a somewhat scientific way, but I can tell you that many people who have used JL for years prefer the W6 over the W7.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 571
It all depends on your prefrences. I have heard many people say that they prefer a W6 over a W7. The W6 have a more tight response. Go to a shop and listen for yourself. BTW, I know subfantic was selling a 12w7 with a 1000/1 for around 950 plus shipping. That is a great deal! Considering the 1000/1 can cost over a grand new from a dealer alone.

As for head units, Alpine is a good name in HUs. If your strapped for cash, go the ebay way. :-)

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 572
lol. Just like what I said, Scuba! Posted at the same time :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 603
W6 sounds better than a W7 although the W7 does get louder but i would rather buy 2 W6s than 1 W7

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 267
sounds like great minds think alike :-)

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 574
YES! lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 39
Quick Shot.....why exactly would you rather have 2 w6's over 1 w7?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1786
qcfinest, its because of the sound quality meaning it sounds very nice and musical. It doesnt exaggerate the bass you hear in the songs weather you listen to rap or country or rock. They are made to sound very musical = SQ Excellant /

oh and they get plenty loud sealed and even louder ported and maintain SQ if you design the box right or to jl specs.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 354
w6 > w7 anyday.. I hate w7.. waste of good money :P.

Username: Danielbyun

Post Number: 5
Thank you everybody for your response, I am slowly learning so much, good looking out, once again thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 608
a W6 sounds better than a W7 and the W7s hella expensive i can get 2 W6s for around the same price if not cheaper than one W7 and it will sound better and probably be louder as well
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us