New Car, New Stereo

Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 1
First off, I am still relatively new to car audio... but I love researching, installing, and looking back at what you've accomplished - hopefully learning a few more things along the way.
Okay, I plan on buying most my stuff off the net... but I did run around to local dealers here to see what would be interesting. Dealer had RF, Alpine, Kenwood, and Sony (bah!)... I had some experience with RF with my last stereo, I had a P5002 amp which treated me right. I thought this time I'd try something different/new, and I decided to look into Alpine. I was interested in getting 2 10" Rs or Xs... after reading along the forums here, I decided to look at some other options... and came across the JL 10w7's and some Infinity Perfect 10.1's. I am no expert and I am not made of money, but I don't mind spending a little extra to be happier in the end. I hear the Alpine X's are actually a good alternative to the JL 10w7's. I don't much about Infinity, but everywhere I go I only hear/read good things. I listen to all types of music, but I do intend on bumping some hip-hop.
Thx all... I appreciate any help you can offer... anything about some good amps to run would also help. No defined budget, wouldn't want to cross that $1500 mark if possible.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2682
So you're looking for 10's then? You mintioned that you've used RF, have you looked at there new stuff?
The Alpine type R's are good for the price, and same for the type X.
Of corse the W7 is going to be awsome.:-)
I've never heard the Infinity's, but have also heard great things.
Don't go with Alpine amps though. Over priced, and over rated.
Look at www.reaudio.com some of the best subs, that isn't mass produced. Especially the x.x.x line, and for spl comps, the RE MT.
Also www.ascendantaudio.com
The avalanch, and the Atlas are great sql subwoofers.
OH, and Eclipse.
Sound Splinter... the list goes on and on...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2683
As far as amps... depends on the price range, but MTX, RF, Kicker, JL, Eclipse, Zapco, and Orion.
Then the cheaper ones to look at would be Audiobahn, JBL, and Hifonics.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1785
Like taylor mentioned. There are better subs then Alpine and Infinity. I whould definetly check out these before those for the same money or even less.

www.ascendantaudio.com - Avalanche 12" or 15 "

www.reaudio.com - XXX 12" or 15"

www.eclipse-web.com - Eclipse SW9122 or Eclipse SW9152

Best place to find eclipse subs are www.electronicgiant.com because the have the lowest price for them.

By the way / im selling 2 JL 12w6v2's that are ready to go in the custom prowedge jl box. I paid $879.99 for them i just put it up for sale. You can check out my thread on those. I am selling them for $600 plus shipping. They are in mint condition and sound amazing. Ask around

Post Number: 2
wow, thanks for all the info guys... its really been a help, especially for the less well-known (for me at least) subs - I am interested in learning more about the xxx/mt (these are crazy looking) series and the eclipses. I know this is probably debatable on both ends but which of the subs do you believe really puts out the best of both SQ and SPL. I can see the eclipses are bit pricey, and I can't find any listings for the RE subs. It looks like I might have to contact them for pricing.
On another note - I also glanced at the RE amplifiers, its damn nice. I am not familiar with the manufacture yet (although reading more on the forum will probably help)... do they make quality amps as well?
Thx again all! =)

Post Number: 3
Can anyone give me a quote on how much a RE.xxx would go for? And is there a big difference between the 10" and 12" as far as SQ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us