Gain settings on 2 amps

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 177
i have 2 amps.
The output of my headunit (Alpine CDA-9855) is 4 volts they say. Both amps have a setting for 4 volts on they. Should i set them both at 4 volts, or a little lower?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8575
set both to 4V
if the bass seems weak, increase the "subw level" on the alpine head unit. on some models, it's not a true 4V signal for subs till you're at like +3 to +5 or so.

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 179
wow, i set them both to 4 volts. And my system is not even close to loud. And that was with the sub level at 13. Is it possible that this head unit doesn't even put out close to 4 volts. I have my front speakers hooked up to an alpine amp, and my rear speakers powere from the head unit. The ones powered by the head unit were way louder than the ones powered by the amp, at max volume. When I had it at max there was no distorion, everything sounded good. Not loud at all though. It sounds much better when i put the gain on the sub amp at 1.5 volts, and the amp powering my speakers in the fron door at 1 volt. Then i turn the volume to 19 max, and it sounds great, no distortion, and loud as hell. Is something wrong or is this ok to do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us