Cold or Hot weather dangerous to Sub?

Username: Cnc837

Norman, OK USA

Post Number: 4
I was wondering if running your subs or amp in very cold or very hot temperatures can do any harm to subwoofers or the amp? For example your car being outside over night when it freezes, or sitting in the hot sun all day? Thanks for any input.

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 131
i dunno about the heat but if it is very cold outside you should give your subs time to warm up before you bump them very hard otherwise you can tear your spider.

Username: Cnc837

Norman, OK USA

Post Number: 5
Will they warm up by running the heater in your vehicle or do they warm up by being played at low volumes?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 556
Yeah, I was wondering about that when winter rolls around. Now that I just got my nice system hooked up I didn't want to have to take it out for winter... :-(

Glass, you are from Michigan, what about the cold winters, here in MN it gets pretty cold too. What's your take on this?

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 175
i am pretty sure you just need to play it at low volume for a little while, and things should get warmed up.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2673
Yup, just keep it low for a little while.
The only problem in the heat... I guess would be you're amp overheating. I know in Texas it gets pretty hot if the truck is sitting out in the sun, and my amp doesn't like being played when its already over 120 degrees inside.:-) lol

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 176
i live in nebraska, it has been 95-100 for about 2 weeks. My amp has not overheated once. I can't even get the fans to turn on. The amp has got up to 148 degrees.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 349
when it's cold...keep it low...things get brittle...until they warm up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us