SPL Car

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 181
What do u guys think is a good car for spl purposal?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3396
honda crx... ford exp

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 182
An explorer? What u think about the seat leon?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4578
econoline

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2645
I've always heard that camarows are pretty good.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 727
lol gmc safari

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 49
just about anything w/ a hatchaback. Of course suv's are also good. Trucks are good too if you do a wall or something.

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 130
school bus

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 590
get you a galant...large trunk space and the trunk is made so cheaply you hear everything from outside...its almost like if you have no trunk

Bronze Member
Username: Mustang_guy

Post Number: 67
Vans

Bronze Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 53
Quick shot your wrong about the galant trunk being made cheaply and being able to hear everything from the outside unless you're talking about the older ones. They come w/ a lot of sound deading stuff from the factory that's why the ride is so quiet and smooth. Mine is fully dynamatted so I don't hear much from the outside. If anything you would hear more bass from the hatch vehicles like eclipse and such.

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
i had the 2000 Galant until my mom sold her other car..im telling you that car you heard everything from outside

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
no you cant hear anything from an eclipse...i have one now and you dont hear sh!t idk how but it dampens alot of sound

Bronze Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 54
huh thats weird what subs did you have in the galant and i take it you didn't have any dynamat or anything. All the galants i've heard mine and my moms both have dynamat. I don't like how you can only fold down the little flap on the passenger side. They're pretty good cars for bass inside but from a distance they're not as good as some others unless it was my shitty audiobahn 15's. We'll see how my new 3 jl audio 12w3 v2's sound!

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
i had some infinity references in the Galant but i sold those...nah i dont have any dynamat but they are pretty good cars...im telling you you hear everything from outside it must be all the dynamat you have..hey at least now you know that it actually does work :-)

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 351
my ( 2002 gt )celica is a hatchback and it sucks for subs.. lol

no room and I just got 3 12" kicker solobarics still waiting to be installed somehow once I get a box design to fit them all and still port. * Sigh * lol.

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 186
ANybody got any idea about a Seat Leon? I know it's a european car but maybe someone knows it. COz i have the eclipse too and i got too noise inside even if it's full of dynamat and other stuff so im going to sell the eclipse and get another one just for spl...

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 53
I drive a 1999 Firebird with six 12's in bandpass...and you can hear me from far, far, far away. :-) fully sound deadened now, but I just roll the windows down, pop off the t-tops, and I'm good to go if I want to be heard.

Seth

Unregistered guest
Trackers,sidekicks geos,chevys and suzuki...just get the 4 door hard tops, i spent 600 bux and hit 140 + decibles when i was 15 not a bad choice

Username: Premier1

Post Number: 5
CRX or Accord. CRX cause it's a hatchback. Accord; cause almost everything sounds great and produces great SPL. Both these vehicles will allow u to use fewer woofers and achieve impressive numbers and allow u to remain in a lower db Drag catagory. But, thats just my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 104
Older Nissan 240SX... hatchback, littler car, my friend had 4 L7's in there when they 1st came out... it's a loud car.

Username: Bassss

Post Number: 10
what about a 94 grand am an y does it sound better in a hatchback

Bronze Member
Username: Bassss

Post Number: 11
hey seth those duals sound go0d but u should go ported with the audiobahns it will b way louder than the bp = band pass

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 54
Heh uhmm...the same speaker, in a bandpass box, and ported box, assuming properly made for the sub, a bandpass box will produce more SPL. BTW, I dont have the audiobahns anymore..just six dual's now.. :-) (Oddly enough, the audiobahns ports were behind the speakers, and teh duals are infront...so it would almost make the two together sound out of phase, lol.)

Seth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us