Is Digital Designs Good? Overpriced?

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 128
I seen these subs on their website and I was like, "DAMN! That's one bad mothaf'n sub! WHOOOOWEEEEEEE! That 9500 looks SEXY AS HELL!!!"
Then, I saw the price, and was like, ".........."
So, all I can realistically afford from them is the 3500 series... I'm looking at the 12 inch 2ohm DVC. Anyway, that's alot of cash, for one sub, and I was wondering if you guys could help clarify that for me. Is it worth it? Is there a equal quality subs on the market for less $? All input VERY welcome.
(one more thing - the lead wires look sturdier than anything else I've ever seen. Do any other subs come with a similar 'anti-phuk up' design like these?)
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8472
DD makes some of the best performing and best put together subs around.. but yes you pay for that.
it's part of their exclusivity and what keeps them considered high end, like other companies in the same class.. JL's W7, Eclipse Ti and Ti Pro, RE XXX and MT, and ID's IDMax and so forth..

as for pricing and such on comparable brands, I don't know all of the retail pricing by heart anymore so I couldn't say what's cheaper and close to the same performance.
a lot depends on your goals.. SPL, SQL, SQ.. etc

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
So, would I be wrong to assume that the 3500 is an awesome sub JUST because the 9500 is an awesome sub? You know what I mean? Because, I know nothing of them, and have no way of hearing one in person. Am I wrong to let the 9500 impress me so much as to assume equal quality/less power handling with the 3500?
Glass, have you ever heard a 3500? I guess I'm looking for sql... (honestly, I just want an sq sub with the most spl possible in the sq class)
Thanks for trying to help... you might wanna check out my other thread titled "DEADEND....."

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 183
My buddy hit 151.6 with one 3515 runnin with an Orion. That sub is great for SPL even if it's just one of the first series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Thanks, Donato!
What if I put it into a sealed enclosure instead of the ported they recommend? Bad results, you think?

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 184
Yup i think DD works better with huge ported box.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3698
if you want to find out a lot about DD then post a message for zac davis he is a dd retailer and will be able to give you a good price also.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8540
look at the Qts of the sub to see what the best box would be

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 585
allow me to impart my opinionated flight of fancy, since the title asks for such.
if JL is overpriced, then blast it, Yes DD is overpriced as well, lol. for identical reasons.
i can get similar product/performance for less. i.e., the end doesn't justify the means.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
mikechec9:
I hear what you're saying...
Which ones can you get w/ similar product/performance for less?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us