About: Posting Opinions

Bronze Member
Username: Maxil223

Post Number: 26
I've seen lately that many people have been arguing about people saying stuff like...

When I get money Im buying________
My next system is gonna be a ________

Well, I believe people do this because no one likes to help out new people. Audio Gods dont answer questions like "is this any good?" so a new person just posts "im getting blah blah" and hopes that someone will show there opinion and they can base it off that. When i was a member of carstereo.com thats exactly what happened to me, I got no respect from anyone, no posts of mine were answered. But when I posted something like this:

"I'm getting 2 Type R's and a Hifonics BX1605D."

I actually get responses that help, like:

"Well, alpine is decent, but for that price get an avalanche 15."

And thats why it seems people are throwing out wish lists. Its people like Mixneffect who are audio gods or believe they are, and feel that since no one has a system like his, that he is too good to answer them. Subfanatic and hundreds of others have helped me in an attempt to create a quality system for my car. Subfanatic actually designed a box for me a few weeks back and theres nothing I can really do to repay him but to offer him RESPECT which I feel these forums have an extreme LACK of. I know I will get flamed and opinions will be voiced. But I respect those who take time to reply and voice there opinions(which I will acknowledge). I Thank everyone for all the information these you have given me, I have gone by a few other account names before but have a tough time remembering passwords.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 331
no ones dissing sub, they just giving him a hard time.. lol

I'm having to settle between 4 8" subs or 2 12" volfenhags myself. So I know all about not being able to afford a good system .. cause I never can :-(.

( how much does a type R run for? )

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 560
wew. that's pretty harsh stuff. i havn't gotten that vibe from this forum.
granted, i personally won't answer questions regarding audiobahn or kicker subs b/c i just don't like them, lol. and i don't really like posting negative comments when someone might really view these as their dream subs. besides that, i do my best.
a couple of problems though:
there are soooo many questions just like sooooo many other questions. its the same stuff almost on a daily basis. i don't mind b/c my truck is in the shop getting the install and i'm stuck in the house w/no ride (wife is mad at me too).
plus, i like helping folk. when i was in high school i had some absolute BUM subs. back then, it wasn't even about HU's and components. just bump. i didn't have forums (or internet for that matter). no one to tell me not to buy bostwick or pyle. so, its cool for me. car audio is really my only passion.
second, with the likes of glass and jonathan and such, you have to take into account that they are accustomed to dealing with the intricates of the art. repeating answers regarding fairly simplistic questions everyday, i would imagine can be taxing. so i appreciate it whenever they DO ablige the site with responses.
as for those cats on some other forums (and i really want to mention them)-jerks. they have their little click and if they don't think you have worthy experience, they won't repect you. but f (forget, lol) them.
last, people should really use google and research some before asking the same questions someone else asked 30 minutes ago. like, i really appreciate it when someone comes with a bit of background on their question, but still need direction concerning the specifics. again, i answer what i can anyway. i teach and school is out for the summer. i have no life right now, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 337
for the 12" type R id say round $145-160

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 182
you can get a type r off of ebay for around 125 shipped and do not buy volfenhagz they are complete garbage

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 335
should i pay 80 for a single 10?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1137
Just to stay on topic before the thread gets totally hijacked:

The reason posts with future tense basis get more responses is because we can use our knowledge to guide them in the right direction.

If they already have a system, it's up to them to decide how it sounds. There are so many factors that affect the sound (including amp/sub combinations which have a limitless amount of possibilities, even the member's tastes in how they want music to sound to some extent), we can't really say if it's a good system other than that dealing with reliability. It's somewhat obvious what is reliable and what isn't, and when we make it known to the people that have poor systems, the majority react in an ill-mannered way. Megalomania and lack of respect really have very little to do with threads not getting replies-specifically ones about judging systems.

"last, people should really use google and research some before asking the same questions"

Definitely. There's nothing I hate more than vague questions like "What amp for my two Alpine subs?" or "What is a good sub for less than 200" Those have got to stop.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8474
I admit I avoid a lot of the "is this brand any good" or "company A vs company B" threads just because I get tired of what they always turn into.. debates over why something is good or not, and everybody bickering over others' opinions.
Those threads can drag out for over 100 posts, and it gets tiring on dialup reloading each thread that long.

I feel more comfortable sticking to the technical threads that fewer people can answer with good information.. and leaving the opinion questions to everyone, since it's something everyone can participate in without feeling like they may not know enough to throw in a thought.

In a sense I guess it's like choosing your battles. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3689
I thought we were all on the same side of the battle? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8481
the fight against ignorance and uberbling?

Anonymous

The reason why some people start arguing is because they dont know if that person reaaly knows his stuff or if he just heard it sucked. every body really just wants an answer from glass, jon,isaac,comp,sub,joe, james. These people were the gods of car audio a couple months ago everybody went to them and it was only them back them no noobs trying to help to be part of the group. Now all these noobs are so eager to help that registered before may 05 yet they dont know much just of what they learned here with out actually hearing the equipment their reccomending ect... So my point is everybody just wants an answer from these people i mention everybody else are noob immature people who like getting into arguments with the unregistered guest and such.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 551
W00T W00T! Let's all hold hands and sing!!!! That'll cheer you all up!!!

Seriously, pull the sticks out of your @sses and be happy for a change, good god.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3694
That sounds painful.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3702
hahahaha isaac yeah it does:-) I just wish more people would use the search option thats why its there. this would eliminate all of the "are my subs any good", or "how will sony explode's sound with this hifoniks amp" stuff along those lines that are asked repetativly over and over every single day.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3269
"the fight against ignorance and uberbling"

Uberbling.... haha, that's a good term for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us