2000 Civic LX Sedan

Username: Borked

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to fit infinity kappa 6 1/2", every site i go says its a fit, however it doesnt fit. It appears I need to cut out some plastic, or shave it off to make it fit. Is this necessary, or am I jumping the gun?

Also running the wiring from my amp which is in my trunk, to the speakers in my front doors, where do I run the wire through. I only see one place but it's already full with wires. Doesn't seem like I can fit any wiring through there, even if I could theres no way to feed it through its like an L that goes up into my dash somewhere? If anyone has any experience please let me know. Thanks!

Post Number: 2
Oh and, my deck only has 1 rca out, which is plugged into my amp for my sub. So the 4 channel amp im using for my door speakers, I have to use a high low converter right?

Username: Firlefanz

Post Number: 9
Either high-low or use Y- adapters for the one pair of rca out.
If youre lucky the amp has an extra bypass or line out.

Running speaker cable into doors is always tricky, sometimes there is enough space for an extra cable,sometimes you may have to drill a hole into the piece of plastic (or plug) where all the wires go.

If you want to keep the efford low try to look for the original wires of the manufacturers speaker. But mostly these wires are of poor quality. When youre requirements are not to high it will work for you. They should end up behind the original radio location or a wiring harness somewhere in/ under the dash. All depends on your car.

Post Number: 3
Well im using 14gauge speaker wire, already for the 6x9's in the rear, cause im running 80 watts rms to all my speakers. So you think I can just run my 14gauge speaker wire to behind my dash then splice into my factory door wiring and itll carry my amp signal through? Thanks for you input already, I appreciate this.

My setup, if this helps is as follows:
Profile AP600 to 1 Sealed 12" Infinity reference 1230w
Profile AP1040 to 2 Infinity Reference 9603i, and 2 Infinity Kappa 652.5
Kenwood KDC-MP something lol.

My 7" front kappa speakers, are too big for the factory location, I assume I just shave the plastic away till it fits?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us