JL 500/1 amplifier

Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 1
YEah i am new to the board and really only registered to ask this one question....i have a rockford power hx2 12...do you think this jl 500/1 will supply it with enough power...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 449
Not sure on the specs, what's the RMS of the sub?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 541
yea that amp will work perfectly it pushes out 500watts and the subs rms is 500

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 2
well yeah the regular rockford hx2s are 500 rms but this is the power hx2 which is 1000 rms....so what do you guys still think about the amp...from what people haev said this amp pushes out more than 500 watts easily...i just don't want to underpower this speaker...im predicting that about 620 watts will be pushed into this speaker....is that going to be loud or not??

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2641
That amp will work, but you need a bigger amp.
I have the regular HX2's, and I'm putting 400 watts to each one, and way underpowered... they can handle way more than what there rated, just to warn you.

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 3
another question.....shoudl i stick to the jl 500/1 or should i try to get the rockford 1000bd amplifier...which one is mor powerful...i mean i've heard rockford amps are awesome but jl are like the best amps on the market

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2642
I'd try to get the JL 1000/1... but if not, the RF amp will work better with that sub.

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 4
ok 1 more question about this deal....im thinkin about keepin the 500/1 for a little bit until i can get a 1000/1....u guys think the 500/1 will run strong without over heating and clippin out?

Username: T0asty

Post Number: 8
ok u need to remember about the oms. i don know much about rockford but be sure the subs need RMS of whatever at 4 oms. jl slash amps put out at 4. so if u lowerit power its kind of a waste of money

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2660
Sense you're going to use a JL amp, you don't really have to worry about the ohms.
As far as clipping, just set the gains right, and don't set the controles in you're HU all the way up, and you'll be fine.

Username: T0asty

Post Number: 9
well yeah u dont have to worry its jl but why buy it when u dont need it rockford subs dont need all that power

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 5
well the sub i have iteself is 1000 watts rms...this isn't the regular rockford hx2..its the power series...and as for the amp...usually the 500/1 runs for $300 ish on ebay and stuff and i got mine for $180 from a buddy of mine so i had to pick it up

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2677
Lol... $180, I don't blaim you! As far as "rockford don't need all that power." You haven't been reading what I've been posting.
My regular HX2's can handle way more than what there rated, and the power HX2 is rated at 1000 watts rms... and it will need every bit of that... and more.
The 500/1 will work for a little while, you just won't be pushing the HX2 too its full potintial
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us