Wiring Jensen's Parallel

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 50
I have 3 jensens and a 2 channel amp. Can I wire the 3 subs parellel then bridge them? This would give me 1.163 ohms. Would the Amp handle it? I have a Scosche 550 watt. And would the speakers handle it? They are 3.49 ohms each. I have no idea when it comes to ohms and wiring. I don want to hurt my subs or amp either. Please help!

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 620
I have no idea what the heck you just said man. Please try and reword it and make some more sense. Since when are subs 3.49 ohms anyway??

If i were you i would ditch your entire system and buy new stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Thats what it said on the box ok? And im not going to ditch my system...thanks anyway though. were all ur 620 posts bullsh*t?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3643
whoa geaorgina relax! OK your subs are considered 4ohm subs but I guess Jensen actually shows the exact impedence from each Voice coil. if they are singl 4ohm you will get about a 1.34 ohm load now depending on the amp you have it will have to be a 1ohm mono capable amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 627
No they werent bull. I just personally think that you would be amazed if you upgraded your system. I do wanna help you out with this so please dont be a d!ck, i wasnt trying to be if that is what you thought. I was actually asking that question about the ohms thing, i have never seen any subs with that rating.

Please give me model number and i will look the specs up myself so i can help you out a little more. I am unable to tell you if your amp or subs will be able to handle eachother until then.

Sorry again if you thought i was being a d!ck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
lol ok cool. I hate it when people say that stuff. Its hard to interpret writing though. I dont know the model number right off.. I have 2 of these... www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeI d=10001&productId=13584&langId=-1 ...the XS1010. And 1 of these... www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeI d=10001&productId=13456&langId=-1 The XS10.

i cant find the Scosche amp on the site...it must be last years model. I bought it from walmart...so it is junk. If you need anymore info let me know. sorry bout the flaming...not good for the site eh?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 493
HA!!! are you kidding me? that was hilarious! noob's got spunk. (and i mean noob in the most pleasant of ways, so please don't blast me too, lol).

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3651
lol I just feel bad that I have never heard of scoche before so I cant help out!

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
First things first Geogrina, it is not a good idea to run 2 different types of subwoofers in a setup because it might sound out of wack. They are however suppose to be the same rms.

I was doing a little looking around and found that Jensen makes the same model number and look as the audiovox ones you have. The Jensen ones state 300 rms. Are they the jensens like your title or the audiovox like your links???

As far as the amp goes, i doubt that it goes down past 2 ohms.

If they are single 4 ohm subs then it looks like your out of luck with that amp, beause you will only be able to wire them at a 1.34 ohm load.

Another thing to add about your amp.... Most amps when bridged go down to 2 ohms max, while most only go to 4 ohms.

You are going to either need a new amp, or new subs, or both.

If you do need help finding other equipment let me know and i will try and help you out. If you have any questions you can e-mail me at ffxdevilarms@mchsi.com or IM me at ffxdevilarms666@aol.com. If you wanna contact me another way other then aol let me know because i ahve tillian.

P.S. Spunk is a good thing, ya NOOB!!! LOL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
no the link is Jensen. It says on the sub in the pic that u cant see well. The way I have them hooked is...the 2 XS1010 in each their own channel and the XS10 bridged. It works but I just wanted to know if i could hook it diff. Thanks for the info!

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
could you please draw me a diagram in paint or something so i can see what you did??? It is too difficult for me to picture it as i have never heard of anybody doing something like that before. Bridging creates one "channel", so i dont see how you could use 2 "channels".

Basically, when you bridge an amp you use the + terminal from one channel and the - terminal from the other.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 96
dude, ur stuffs worth like 25 dollars.. try stuff and is somthing gets blowed up, run a lemonade stand for 3 minutes till u have the money to buy it all again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
It makes a smiley fact with sunglasses, cool. LOL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
Shawn, i allready stated that, just not in such a mean way. He asked for help and i am trying to provide him with that. He is a "noob" and just didnt know any better. Not everyone can be like me and throw down over 2000 dollars on their first system.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 97
yea, i kno what u all mean.. my first system i was thinking of buying was 2 legacy subs and a pyramid amp and legacy 6x9's. ppl on here talked me out of it and into getting infinity stuff (thanks a million)

Silver Member

Post Number: 640
I based all of my purchases off of here. I new nothing about car audio until prob January or so of this year. I just kept coming here for like 5 months until Jan when i bought DLS Iridums, Diamond Audio TDX's, and Zapco Reference Amps with Symbilink, and a Nakamichi HU. All for like 2000. People on here are great and can be really helpfull.

Over time of being on here and working with my own system i have learned alot of stuff.

I also got rid of one of my TDX's to buy 4 RE12's for my new setup. I am keeping the other TDX for future use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us