ATlas Wiring

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 208
K just asking an opnion on what you guys think of how the guys at my shop wired ym subs...i know it says not to power gold terminals...i dun know why???does it hurt them or wut???ANyways he connected the gold terminals with wire to the silver alsoso that there are 2 wires going into each terminal???---IS that bad for them? Cuz honestly they sound amazing, but i wouldnt want to hurt them or hinder them from their full potential...ANy input?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 305
well i didn't get what ur were saying, but u do not power the gold terminals that will damage the sub. the only thing u do to the gold terminals is wire them together for the low qts setting[for sealed boxes] put a fuse, i think in between the two terminals for mid qts setting, or just leave them alone and don't do anything to them for high qts setting for ported boxes.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 209
k this well another thing im hearing is to wire gold + to silver - and then wire gold - and silver + to my amp???

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 309
well all i know is when i talked to chad about getting my atlas's he said not to power or connect the gold terminals to the silver ones. he just told me to run a jumper wire and connect the negative gold term. to the positive gold term.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 210
ok thanks man

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 211
im going ot wire them in a parallel check this out

http://forum.soundillusions.net/showpost.php?p=487622&postcount=8

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 619
thats great, just make sure you dont screw up with the gold terminals, and make sure you set the sub correctly for you enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3640
if Chad says its all good then go for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us