SPL

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 42
Is 138db considered good for 2 audiobahn 15's w/ a rockford bd1001 amp. I though it was pretty shitty cause my last car got a 140.5 and it had 2 10's and a 15(which did actually work)w/ less power. But i'm done w/ audiobahn especially after what people on here have said. I didn't realize how bad audiobahn was until i heard some good brands(JL, Eclipse etc) and based on what you guys think of audiobahn. But my new system I hope will kill everything else i've had in the past I just bought 3 jl audio 12w3v2's. I'm thinking they are gonna be a little louder then 138. What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 491
thye might not be louder...those audiobahns were made to be loud...but those JLs will sound alot better

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3210
It's gonna depend on the enclosure, the power pushing the subs, the excursion of each sub, and other things to determine which system is louder. Personally, I doubt the JL's will be much louder, if any at all from your Audiobahn's. 2 15" subs actually have more total surface area than 3 12" subs, and surface area makes a bigger difference in spl than xmax.

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 43
ya thats a really good point. If any thing else the jl's will sound so good and clear that it will give the illusion that they are louder. I really wouldn't care if they were just as loud cause i was getting sick of the audiobahn plus the surround was starting to tear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us