Dynamat Alternative

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 516
well basicly dynamat is preglued rubber sheets that u just stick on your car right? so if i went down and picked up some rolls of rubber (i dont know what yet i havent looked around) and used spray adhesive to glue it down to the car it should work the same shouldnt it..

Username: Caddycad

Post Number: 5
Well theres also aluminum type material on there that is almost as thick as that of a soda can, I should know I cut myself several times install it..

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 453
there is an alternative called "Semar's Secrete." it's at home depot in the roofing materials section (behind the lumber section). look for "press and seal." it's tar paper w/adhesive like dynamat. 6"x11'

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 312
dynamat takes the sound wave and converts it into heat...it is a tar, not rubber, try what mikechec9 suggested. the metal definately helps it from being extremely messy...especially when its hot...like in NY right now, feels like 100 lol too hot...and sound dampener gets soft and messy.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 294
Try some carpet underlayment. The only trouble you may have is glueing it to the metal of the car.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1308
just use ice/water barrier available at any hardware store in the roofing section...works charms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us