Kappa perfect vs. W3v2's

Bronze Member
Username: Big_lou

Post Number: 25
So I recently came across a w3 v2 for 50 dollars locally and I was wondering how they compared to kappa perfects in both spl and sq. My first system was 2 12" perfects in a sealed box with an a8000t. Im searching for another w3v2 d2 for cheap and when I find one im going to make a nice ported box for them. Im looking for a nice 500 of 600 watt rms amp. I was thinking the Hcca225, the impedance matches up and im really looking for good sq but I still want output so my question is will a 225 be enough for 2 w3's? And also I will be upgrading to either perfect 6.5's or type r 6.5's depending on cash flow at the time. I already have a pioneer head unit with good bass controls and I have a 4 channel infinity 7540a amp, 111 w x 4. Also how many amp alternator will I need if im only using 2 channels of the 4 channel amp for door speakers in my s10 and running the orion along with it? Thanks and do you think this is a decent budget system? I hope to find another w3 for around 100 so thats 150 for 2 w3's another 150 for the orion and another say 150 for the components. Plus an alternator and some nicer 4 guage wire. Thanks for your time. And for anyone interested I need help designing a downfire ported box for extended cab. I want it to be tuned fairly low around 25 hz or maybe even lower if you guys suggest, Thanks again, and sorry for my poor grammer Im a scatter brain. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/12W3v2_MAN.pdf I also found this link with the ts parameters of the sub and ported box reccomendations but I dont really understand all of the directions. If someone would draw a diagram I would appreciate it, thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Will someone help out please? Sean, glasswolf, isaac, jonathan, sub, ava18, quickshot, come on post up!

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 474
lol you named me with those other people i dont know anything especially when compared to all those other poeple in that list...well ill try to help you as much as i can
all infinity subs that ive heard seem to be SQ orientated..theyll get fairly loud but probably not as loud as the w3s..basically SQ=Infinity SPL=W3 although both of those subs are real good and both will sound good and get loud....never seen that orion amp in real life but from what i hear on this forum its a very underrated amp and those specs seem to look fine for either of those subs especially since its supposed to be underrated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us