What Amp? Figured ya'll could help.

Username: Spud04

Post Number: 1
Sup? Anyways, I've had my crappy system for a long while from my old z28, but I just sold my car to get a 2004 ford edge and a bike.

I'm not really sure what kicker subs I have except there 10's, and I think.. THINK!.. these are the specs:

Can be used in free-air applications
Frequency Response 30-500 Hz
Power Range: 125 Watts RMS
Peak Power: 250 Watts
Sensitivity: 87.7 dB SPL
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Top-Mount Depth: 4-11/16"
Sealed box volume: 1.0-2.4 cubic feet
Ported box volume: 1.5 cubic feet

Hopefully. Anyways, I'm probally going to be using both of my kicker 10s, in this project, and I used to use a 'legacy 800w?' amp but it got stolen. So now I am about to buy materials to build a box of my own, sort of like the crutchfield ranger singel cab mtx box but for two subs, and I need a amp. I will probally end up keeping the stock HU, and the stock speakers, I just want a little bump in my ride, but hitting hard where I can feel it. I really don't want to be hearing crackling alot either.

So what amp should I go with, or should I change my whole setup or what?

Also, I've been searchin for sites to explain the 'specs' of amps and subs, but couldn't find any. I have no clue on what most of these crap means, and that's why i'm here.

Thanks

Username: Spud04

Post Number: 2
help me out fellas!

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 229
If it were me I would contemplate installing a new HU, which will provide better sound and easier hook-up options and would purchase a 250 watts amp, 125 x 2 or a monoblock 250 to run the subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 18
Spud drop me an email & I can help you out a lot more once I get some more info.

Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 20
Spud you didn't leave me anyway to contact you..?? Email me @ bozack101@hotmail.com & leave me your email address so we can get started. Thanks
Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us