Kicker L7 in a Jeep

Username: Xiguassux

Post Number: 1
hey everyone, got a question. I have 1 10" Kicker L7 in a sealed box. I own a jeep with removable top. When I had the top on, that little thing about blew up my ride. But its now summertime and I took the top off my Jeep. Now the problem is, I DONT HAVE ANY BASS! the sub is pushing full excursion but I cant hear a note from it period. My thoughts are that its a problem with the sealed box? Am I right? If so, what kind of box, ported vented or bandpass, would give me my bass back. Please help. Im dying without my Kicker!

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 30
hey man i got the exact same stuff and more in my jeep at www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2 if you wanna check out how i setup my 2 L7's. Ported will give you louder dude but for 1 10"L7 it will take up your whole trunk. It would be louder to get another L7 in the sealed box and put it in the trunk to make it louder, so you would thus have 2 10"L7 sealed filling your trunk instead of 1 10"L7 ported(although this is much cheaper option). With the soft top on the bass is killer, i'm also getting that ecoustic top soon(supposedly quieter than a hardtop). In the summer i feel and hear the bass pretty well for goin 65 down the interstate with my top down. Hope that helps, later.

Anonymous

its jsut gonign to be quiet w/o a top!!!

you loose all cabin gain in that case.

car subs are built to utilize that cabin gain.

so if you want bass, run your A/C and leave the top on!

also the vented bow would help...alot!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us