Kicker KX400.1 or JBL bp600.1?

Bronze Member
Username: Wj94

Post Number: 27
i plan to buy a single 12" infinity kappa perfect DVC sub, and i'm looking for a good amp to match it. the RMS shown on the infinity site is 350W, but after checking out some more consumer reviews, it seems like the sub does pretty well with anywhere from 350-600W RMS. i was originally planning on going with a JL 250/1 amp for it, but i think that might be a tad underpowered, and it's about an extra $100 on top of the kicker and JBL amps. i see the kicker and JBL amps on ebay both for $180 brand new and the JL is around $300. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

Anonymous

dont know much about infinity; subs....never had one...

but the jbl600.1 is a good amp...i have it on my L512....if teh infinity can handle 600 watts then the JBl is the amp for you!!!

also the Jbl will give 600 watts at both 1 adn 2 ohm loads....the kicker 400.1 will give 400+ watts at 2 ohms and will not run in a 1 ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
the sub is 4-ohm DVC, so if i wired those in parallel it would be ohms. i don't need an amp that's 1-ohm stable, but thanks for the opinion....it will be taken into consideration. anyone have any experience with a kx400.1?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
glasswolf maybe?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 335
i do its a good amp puts out a little more than 400w rms at peak..so set your gains down a little bit and you should be ok to go

i wouldnt put too much power over its rated RMS cuz after daily deliver for i would say a month could fry the voice coils, maybe sooner

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Do you think a 12.d VQ sub would be a better choice? It's rated for 400W RMS as opposed to 350W and looks to be of a little better build quality. It's about $180 as compared to $120 for the 12.1d regular sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 28
WJ94 if your worried about the Kicker KX400.1 not having enough how about going up to the KX550.3 ????? I just got (1) 550.3 in & need to sell it ASAP so make me an offer. I KNOW it'll be enough

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1668
the KX600.1 seems like it's what you're after.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us