2 JL 12w6v2's Ported ? ? ? / anybody own this setup or heard this before ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1612
Hey, i own 2 jl 12w6v2's in a sealed prowedge but im thinking about getting a dual slot ported box built for these subs. Has anyone hear heard what 2 ported sound like built to jl specs ? How does it compare to 2 sealed ? How is the SQ differance and SPL ?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 735
have a real nice punch when they're sealed. ported they just sound ungodly lol! in other words they sounded pretty good.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 425
those subs sound rel good to many people they sound better than the W7...a properly ported box will increase their spl fairly noticable and if you build it correctly thye will sound just as good

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1613
Thanks guys, thats what i was thinking. I will have one built ported to JL specs. Hopefully it will fit in the trunk of my sedan.

water
Unregistered guest
damnit do u have the slash amp lol
im working on a project here
battle of the amplifiers

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1617
No i dont have a JL 1000/1 or any slash amps anymore. I use to. Im selling a Zapco 500M referance mono amp class A/B and it puts out over 700 x 1 @ 2 ohm and like 534 x 1 @ 4 ohm. You may wanna check it out under amplifiers. Its brand new and still under warranty with receipt and extra bass remote.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
i 1 w6-v2 slot ported to jl specs. it sounds amazing. imo every type of music goes with this sub very well. two in a ds box would be....sick. the sub provides enough sq to be ported and still sound awesome.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1626
Yeah im having one built now and im hyped about. IM gonna have the box built to 3.0 cu ft tuned to 32hz with one chamber for both subs with one slot port at 2.5" width. 3/4 mdf with black carpet. Im excited to hear these ported because i had them sealed before and they were amazing but i hear its amazing ported also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us