Buying some 6-1/2's and 6x9's have some questions.

Username: Tweek52

Post Number: 1
First off, i just got a 2001 Honda Accord coupe, and im looking to upgrade the system in it. It came with a 6 cd changer factory system. I was looking into getting a pair of Infinity Kappa 692.7i 2 way's for the back 6x9's and a pair of 62.7i 3 ways for the front 6-1/2's. Do i need to buy an amp or new head unit or will these still be producing good sound with my factory unit. Also are these good speakers, im a noob when it comes to car audio so i dont know much. Any suggestions for speakers would be great thanks..

Also any other suggestiosn for my audio system would be good to, don't need a subwoofer quite yet, just want to get basic soeakers upgraded before i oput money into subs. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 300
infinity's are excellent...check to see that your deck is 2 ohm stable...Most are not...check the book or call the company to find out...if not, then you will need an amp...they will sound much better with an amp anyway...if your deck is not 2 ohm stable and do not have money for an amp, go with the .5i series instead of the .7i...because they are 4 ohms instead of 2

Username: Tweek52

Post Number: 3
Ah ok i will check in on that, also any suggestions for a good system just front and back speakers that is within 500$ that will be able to be installed with a 4 ohm factory deck. Thanks

fatpinfield
Unregistered guest
you should also consider JL audio speakers. They are unreal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us