2 Way Pager Alarms

Blair_Aus
Unregistered guest
I know this isn't a question on subs but the security page is dead and this one is always busy.

Im looking at getting a pager alarm and was wondering if anyone has one and how effective they are and if they have a reasonably long range.

Im from Australia and we dont have as good of a selection as in America. I have narrowed it down to these three: a)Page Guard (b)Tenon (c) Delta Pro. Which of these would you recommend and why?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8235
never used those brands.
I use CompuStar with their spread spectrum and FM paging systems.. exceptional range and features.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 426
i use the compustar as well. 3000ft of range (on flat land). a bit too many falses though and i have the sensitivity set below 2. is this a poor install or what?

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 255
glass what do u think of the python 881xp?

Username: Blair

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 4
I hope this doesn't sound dumb but all of these models I mentioned are FM paging systems. Does this mean that the alarm will send a FM signal to the pager in which case does it need to comply with a certain area's (countries) FM frequencies or will they work regardless of where they are?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8274
yes they use an FM signal and they should comply with your country's broadcasting laws.
It's not like a radio station though. Different frequency range.
the compustar I use is spread spectrum and has a 6000 foot range

if you're having falsing issues, try moving the impact sensor to another location

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 435
is there any favorable spot on a '99 expedition on which to place the sensor?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us