138 db's for 600$ CDN

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 48
Well, my buddy and I went up to a local DB drag this weekend and it was great. Nothing big, just a small gathering at the local audio shope a friend works at. Anyway, my buddy is running two MTX 5500's in a small sealed box running off of an MTX 8002 amp, with Kappa Perfect 6's in the front and back in custom kick panels running off of an mtx 4004. Cheap JVC HU. Everything was bought cheap off of Ebay... And he managed to hit 138, and then 144 outlaw.
I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like MTX. The shop we were at has only seen two returns on their 5500's - ever. Quality stuff for a decent price - And they put off some nice numbers.

Any Canucks here at 'Coustics?

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 79
right here, doesn't seem like there are many here though

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3591
Yea, me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Where abouts? I'm near Barrie, Ont.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3595
I'm south of Newmarket.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Great. Maybe you can tell me where I can go to get some decent subs... The local shops only deal in JL, Kaption, Alpine..etc. I want something more 'exotic' that booms..But I can't find any dealers for DD, Adire, RE, among others. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3598
Well we live in a country that does not like anything high tech nor quality. This is why CrappyShop and CrappyBuy sells RF's amp for $899 while it costs $380 in the States.
I had to order all of my audio equipments from there. You really don't have much choice. Even if you were able to find the exact item in Canada, it's still cheaper to get it from States.
If you can make a deal with the seller, they can lower the value of the item so that you don't get killed by the customs.

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 82
Yea car audio stuff is expensive in Canada here in BC its bad but not too bad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us