JL package question

stapler
Unregistered guest
i was wondering if this package was a good deal, and if the subs would have good spl. i've heard good things about JL, but wasnt sure if the 12W3V2's were any good.

http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_47&products_id=1207

also, would it be better to buy the subs and the amp seperately?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 387
yea those susb have pretty good spl...you could probably find better deals on ebay by buying the amp/subs seperately but that setup is ight

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 403
it's cool. but you can still do better for the price. i would buy 2 rlp-12's for 430.00 and one nine.1 for 300.00 and come out WAAAY on top before i went w/that purchase. and that is direct from the factory w/complete warranty. if those were w6v2's w/one 1000/1, then that would be a different story.

Anonymous

Mikechec9....how good are those 12" w6v2's. I was about to buy 2 in a ported box to compete with my buddy's 2 12" L7's. I already know that the w6's would sound better but i still want to hit harder that him. both are in a ported boxes and in suv's

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
no the w6s will not hit harder but they wont sound liek @$$

Anonymous

d@mn....I want JL brand for my suv put i cant be second best. What JL setup would you recomend to be louder than 2 12" L7s. Please try to minimize the cost as much as possible i dont need to go way overboard. IM NOT RICH

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
the only JL set up that would beat the L7s in spl are the w7s but those are costly and they still might lose...well maybe some 15" or 18" w3s

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 404
then i would look beyond jl. you will hit very hard with 2w6v2's w/500 watts behind each one. but they are NOT spl oriented subs. the w7's are. and they are both overated. i know it seems like anything less than JL is just not up to par, but trust me, that is certainly not the case. if you went w/ the rlp's (for example) you would be hitting hard and sounding much better than your boy as they are sql subs. i can go down the line to at least 8 brands/models i would chose before knabbing JL's. jmo

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 405
but IF i did, i would only grab the w6v2's

Anonymous

what is a rlp?

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 112
They are SoundSplinters here http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp_premium_series_12_and_15_inch_subwoofer.html Heard good things about those.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us